- Located on the 15th floor of Disney’s Contemporary Resort, California Grill opened in 1995, starting a dining evolution for Walt Disney World Resort. A major makeover in fall 2013 transformed the dining room with a sleek contemporary look inspired by mid-century modern California design – again leading the way to a new era in Disney dining.
- Mid-century modern describes mid-20th century design from about 1933 to 1955, a design that flourished in the 1950s and 1960s. A touch of Disney from that era is incorporated into the carpet design inspired by sketches of artist and Disney Legend Mary Blair, who created designs for Disney attractions such as it’s a small world. Reproductions of her art also will be displayed.
- Dazzling view of the Magic Kingdom and nightly fireworks is part of the show, with music piped in and two outdoor decks for fireworks viewing.
- 1,600 bottles of wine in the state-of-the-art wine display. About 250 wines on the list, 80 by the glass. More than 20 sommeliers on staff.
- Nine varieties of sake, eight kinds of craft beers and ciders, and signature cocktails exclusive to California Grill.
- All-new onstage kitchen, two new communal dining tables that each seat 10 with a breathtaking view of the Magic Kingdom.
- The popular sushi bar expands with a new, 12-course omakase menu. Omakase means “to entrust,” and there’s no menu, the chefs prepare fresh sushi dishes, often unusual creations.
- Napa and Sonoma dining rooms available for private functions, as well as a private, glass-walled space in the main dining room.
- Walt Disney World Resort includes more than 200 restaurants, more than any other single-site vacation destination in the world.
See?? This is MUCH more succinct than MY review!
Your review will be much better than this :D