There is a new merchandise location is coming to Downtown Disney Marketplace in spring 2014.
The Merchandise Co Op will occupy the space that is currently Team Mickey. The shop with shops within it will showcase new and innovative Disney retail concepts. I caught up with Tom Sheldon, manager of retail design and development for Disney Theme Park Merchandise, to learn more.
“This public marketplace will serve as a laboratory to showcase new concepts and specialty products,” continued Tom. “It will be an incubator to introduce exciting new Disney retail shops and products.”
The Marketplace Co Op’s six new spaces will be:
- Beautifully Disney – A beauty destination for woman featuring make-up, fragrance and beauty accessories.
- Cherry Tree Lane - Accessories for the sophisticated woman with a passion for scarves, shoes, bags and jewelry.
- D-Tech on Demand – A place to personalize and customize your own electronic accessories.
- The Trophy Room- Vintage inspired, lifestyle sports apparel and collectibles.
- Centerpiece - Home product for Guests that want a splash of Disney in their room furnishings, textiles and everyday ware.
- Zoey and Pickles - A girls’ destination containing the latest trends and glamour for the up and coming fashionista.
Hmmmm, that's a lot of shops in a small space. I sure wish they would bring Disney at Home back. That was my favorite shop along with the original Gourmet Pantry. :yes: No going back though. Guess I'll just have to see if any of this new stuff is something I'll like. :yes:
This get me even more excited for the honeymoon. So many new things opening before we get there!