[ATTACH=full]16705[/ATTACH]In 2014, the Official Disney Fan Club will travel to New York City, San Francisco, Chicago, Seattle, Los Angeles, and other cities as well as Walt Disney World Resort.
• January 31: D23’s Lunch with a Legend — Marty Sklar, Burbank, Calif.
• February 15: The Jungle Book, Burbank, Calif.
• March 22: D23 Day at The Walt Disney Studios and Archives, Burbank, Calif.
• April 26: Mickey’s of Glendale shopping event, Glendale, Calif.
• May 31: D23 Day at The Walt Disney Studios and Archives, Burbank, Calif.
• June 21: Mickey’s of Glendale shopping event, Glendale, Calif.
• July 26 & 27: Destination D: Attraction Rewind presented by H20+, Walt Disney World Resort
• August 2: D23 Day at The Walt Disney Studios and Archives, Burbank, Calif.
• August 24: Mary Poppins 50th Anniversary Celebration, Los Angeles Area
• Fall: D23’s 2014 Disney Fanniversary Celebration, locations to be announced mid-2014
• September 13: The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad, Burbank, Calif.
• October 11: Sleeping Beauty, Burbank, Calif.
• November 8: D23 Day at The Walt Disney Studios and Archives, Burbank, Calif.
• November 15: The Little Mermaid, Burbank, Calif.
• December: Disney and Dickens, Burbank, Calif.
Destination DAttraction Rewind presented by H20 Plus Walt Disney once said, “Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world.” It’s in that spirit that guests this summer will have the opportunity to visit—or revisit—some of the most beloved Disney attractions of yesteryear. Destination D: Attraction Rewind, held July 26 and 27 at Walt Disney World Resort, will bring Disney archivists, Imagineers, Legends and luminaries together to celebrate fan favorites such as Adventure Thru Inner Space, If You Had Wings,and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea with rarely seen concept art and images; vintage video clips; and revealing stories. In addition, several presentations will be dedicated to the 1964–65 New York World’s Fair, which spawned beloved attractions like it’s a small world and Carousel of Progress.
A special screening will take place on August 24, 2014—nearly 50 years to the day on which this beloved classic premiered—D23 will celebrate with a very special screening event.
For the third year in a row, D23 will hit the road, visiting cities across the U.S. to commemorate dozens of magical Disney milestones celebrating landmark anniversaries this year. Hosted by Disney archivists and the D23 Team, D23?s Disney Fanniversary Celebration events will be held in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Orlando, New York City, Seattle, and other cities in fall 2014. Fanniversary 2014 will revisit some of the most beloved theme park attractions, animated and live-action films, characters, TV series, and more than 90 years of Disney history including Donald Duck, the 1964–65 New York World’s Fair, Sleeping Beauty, Haunted Mansion, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, The Little Mermaid, and many more. Fanniversary events will be open to the public, with special admission prices and surprises created for D23 Members in attendance.
A limited number of D23 Members will join Disney Legend Marty Sklar for a private luncheon on The Walt Disney Studios lot, where Marty will talk about his extraordinary 54-year career with Disney. Look for additional “legendary” lunches later this year.
Mickey’s of Glendale Shopping
The Walt Disney Imagineering employee store in Glendale, California, will open its doors to D23 Members on April
26, June 21, and other dates throughout the year, with special guests and surprises. Members will have an opportunity to purchase limited-edition merchandise and view the park-like grounds at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts’ creative “think tank.”
Throughout the year, D23 will continue its popular movie screenings inside the historic Studio Theatre at The Walt Disney Studios in Burbank. The 2014 roster includes Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad, and The Little Mermaid.
D23?s members-only tours of the historic Studio Lot and Walt Disney Archives in Burbank return, highlighting historic moments from Disney film, television, and theme parks—as well as showcasing many of the external locations used for filming Saving Mr. Banks. Tours will take place March 22, May 31, August 2, and November 8.
Look for the return of some favorites, including the popular holiday offering Disney and Dickens (in Burbank in December), as well as other D23 traditions. Dates, ticketing information, and more D23 events will be announced throughout the year.