..and thought you might be interested. Something you want want to look into and maybe get some more information about. :unsure:
The centers for Disease Control and Prevention advises keeping children younger than 5 away from all pet reptiles, including pet turtles. These animals can be a source of life-threatening salmonella infections. Symptoms of a salmonella infection include fever, vomiting, bloody diarrhea and abdominal pain. A child can become infected from handling a reptile or by handling objects contaminated with a reptile's feces. Some cases have been reported in infants who never touched the reptiles. Researchers believe infants were infected when they were held by those who handled the reptiles.