Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any thoughts on Citricos?

Post Thanks / Like
    So last week we DH got a call from Disney Dining letting us know that California Grill was going to be closed on the night we had ADR's for our anniversary (not necessarily a bad thing after reading recent opinions). I was finally able to return the call, and last evening we were given the chance to choose another spot for our celebration dinner. We wanted something close to Bay Lake Towers, so getting there and back wouldn't be an issue. So throwing caution to the wind, we chose Citricos at the Grand Floridian. Please tell me we've chosen wisely....
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...

Post Thanks / Like
    did they offer you reservations to watch the fireworks in the special area as compensation for changing your reservation? they did that when they changed mine a couple of years ago

anyway back to citricos- i haven't eaten there myself but have heard lovely things

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually she started to, but then I told her where we were staying. So we'll have great viewing every night for the fireworks..hopefully! So the fireworks really weren't a big deal to us. But I do have a feeling that she had another idea in mind to make our night special... And on a side note, what a helpful and friendly cast member she was!!! I spent a good 20 minutes on the phone with her. She was very patient as I looked at menus from various resturants..
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...

Post Thanks / Like
    that was good, nice to see the disney magic is still alive! i didn't get upset or anything just said i was disapointed.

Post Thanks / Like
    She actually asked if we booked California Grill for the fireworks..
    Krista

Post Thanks / Like
    We have only eaten at Citricos once but we had a great experience there and would definitely go back again

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Most people we've spoken to love Citricos

Just to offer an alternate opinion, we didn't like it at all :( Terrible tasteless salmon, rest was pretty mediocre too and far better restaurants around for atmosphere.

As I say, we're definitely in the minority with that opinion but we certainly haven't rushed to go back
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    The Cast memeber who I spoke with really likes Narcoosee's..but DH really liked the look of Citricos menu better. So if it's not good, I can blame him, right? LOL
    Krista

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by luvthemouse, post: 166133
    The Cast memeber who I spoke with really likes Narcoosee's..but DH really liked the look of Citricos menu better. So if it's not good, I can blame him, right? LOL
    absolutely!!

Post Thanks / Like
    We've never dined there, but as Keith says, most people like it. We've never been intrigued by the menu.

We have dined at Narcoosee's and unfortunately I'll tell you NO! Although, I've heard some not so wonderful things about Citrico's (other than our Keith's experience) we had our own poor experience at Narcoosee's and really have no intention of returning.

Artist Point?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast