Results 1 to 1 of 1
10-07-2010, 06:59 PM #1
This user has no status yet.I am:
Tonga Toast - Kona Cafe @ Polynesian Resort
Tonga Toast is a theme park classic from the Polynesian Resort
Deep-fried, banana-stuffed Tonga Toast has been a breakfast favorite at the Kona Café at Disney’s Polynesian Resortsince the 1970s.
Kona Cafe’s Tonga Toast from Disney’s Polynesian Resort
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 (8-inch) loaf sourdough bread
2 bananas, peeled
1 quart canola oil for frying
1. Mix the sugar and cinnamon until thoroughly blended and set aside.
2. Slice bread into 4 (2-inch) slices.
3. Cut each banana in half crosswise and then each piece lengthwise.
4. Place a bread slice flat on the counter and tear out just enough from the middle (do not tear all the way through) to stuff half a banana into; repeat with each bread slice.
5. In a large pot or deep-fryer, heat oil to 350F. Use a candy thermometer to make sure the oil does not get any hotter or it will burn.
6. Gently place one bread slice into the oil for 1 minute or until light brown. Turn and fry for another minute on the other side.
7. Remove bread from pot and toss it in the sugar and cinnamon mixture. Repeat for each piece.
Recipe note: Serve with syrup, bacon and fresh fruit if desired
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Isafari in forum Walt Disney WorldReplies: 5Last Post: 22-04-2009, 07:56 PM
March Madness - The FOOD - Kona Cafe (with special appearances by: the Tambu Lounge and Kona Island Sushi Bar)By Beccaberry in forum Trip ReportsReplies: 7Last Post: 11-04-2009, 01:22 PM
By mgmrach in forum Restaurants, Dining, Dining PlansReplies: 11Last Post: 11-10-2008, 01:11 AM
By dvcjane in forum Disney RecipesReplies: 10Last Post: 05-08-2008, 08:56 PM
By dvcjane in forum Disney RecipesReplies: 2Last Post: 02-08-2008, 04:20 PM