Results 1 to 4 of 4
Thread: Kahlúa-Flavored Chocolate Cake With Chocolate Mousse Filling & Fudge Icing - Whispering Canyon
10-07-2010, 07:17 PM #1
This user has no status yet.I am:
Kahlúa-Flavored Chocolate Cake With Chocolate Mousse Filling & Fudge Icing - Whispering Canyon
Kahlúa-Flavored Chocolate Cake With Chocolate Mousse Filling & Fudge Icing
Yield: 12 servings.
1 chocolate cake recipe or boxed cake product
Kahlua simple sugar syrup:
2 cups sugar
2 cups water
2 cups Kahlua
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
2 cups heavy whipping cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup powdered sugar
Bittersweet chocolate ganache:
2 1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate
2 cups heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons brandy
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Whipped cream, chocolate syrup and maraschino cherry
1. Prepare a chocolate cake recipe or boxed cake product. Slice into 3 layers.
2. For simple sugar syrup: In a saucepan, combine the sugar, water and Kahlua. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally until the sugar is dissolved. Continue cooking without stirring until the mixture is the consistency of syrup, about five minutes longer. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool to room temperature.
3. For mousse, position large bowl of iced water near stove. In a saucepan, combine chocolate and heavy cream. Place over medium heat until chocolate begins to melt and cream is almost simmering. Whisk until chocolate and cream are smooth. Stir in the vanilla and powdered sugar. Remove from the heat and place the pan in the bowl of ice water. Whisk until the mixture is creamy smooth and softly holds its shape. Spoon into a serving bowl and chill for two hours.
4. For ganache, chop the chocolate into fine crumbs into a mixing bowl; set aside. Heat heavy cream until small bubbles form around edge. Pour cream onto chocolate. Stir to melt chocolate. Mixture will be a liquid. Let cool. Beat in brandy and vanilla. The frosting takes several hours at room temperature to achieve spreading consistency.
5. To assemble, brush each layer with simple syrup. Next, smooth on chocolate mousse until you have assembled a three-layer cake. With ganache, frost top of the cake, just enough to cover, and use remaining to cover sides. Serve with whipped cream, chocolate syrup and cherry.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Isafari in forum Disney RecipesReplies: 1Last Post: 12-06-2010, 10:59 AM
By gwennie81 in forum Restaurants, Dining, Dining PlansReplies: 8Last Post: 01-04-2010, 01:48 PM
By wishonastar in forum Restaurants, Dining, Dining PlansReplies: 21Last Post: 09-07-2009, 11:40 PM
By Beccaberry in forum Restaurants, Dining, Dining PlansReplies: 18Last Post: 04-03-2009, 08:11 PM
By Dawn in forum Wilderness LodgeReplies: 1Last Post: 06-09-2008, 08:12 PM