Thread: Kennedy Shuttle Launch

Post Thanks / Like
    Plans for the next space shuttle launch from Kennedy Space Center are still on schedule. Discovery is on target to launch on November 1st at 4.40pm (EDT) on what will be the shuttles final voyage. When Discovery retires in 2010, it will have flown into space 39 times, more than any other shuttle. The six astronauts who will fly on this penultimate mission are expected to arrive at Kennedy Space Center today for their final training sessions.

The final shuttle mission is scheduled for next year when Endeavour will launch from Kennedy Space Center on February 27th at 3.38pm EDT.

Post Thanks / Like
    We saw a night launch once from DTD. It was a beautiful site.

We can actually see launches all the way down here in Ft Myers (binoculars help) but you can see it with the naked eye.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so gutted as this is the day we arrive so we will miss it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Perfect timing as we will be able to see it. :thumbsup:

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I saw the last night launch (or actually extremely early morning) from MCO when it went up.

I can't imagine not having the majestic sight of the launches any longer. :sigh:

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle