Thread: 2011 Atlantic Hurricane Forecast

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42453276...ricane-season/

This year will be an above-average Atlantic hurricane season, with a forecast of 16 named storms forming between June 1 and Nov. 30, Colorado State University researchers predicted Wednesday. Nine of the storms are expected to turn into hurricanes, with five developing into major hurricanes with sustained winds of 111 mph or greater, CSU forecasters said.
    There will be an updated forecast on June 1st and again on August 3rd.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    O.M.G. I pray every year that these forecasts don't come true. I had friends come down DURING Tropical Storm Faye (which I still think was at least a Cat 1). I had to drive over and pick them up from MCO. I thought we were going to die on the way back over here to Daytona. It was raining so hard I couldn't see 2 feet past the front of my Jeep...on I-4! A couple days later we went to EPCOT, which was nice because it was intermittantly pouring off and on so we pretty much had the park to ourselves! We were prepared with ponchos! LOL~~!

SAFE TRAVELS THIS SUMMER, EVERYONE!!
    Gwen

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gwennie81, post: 252355
    O.M.G. I pray every year that these forecasts don't come true. I had friends come down DURING Tropical Storm Faye (which I still think was at least a Cat 1). I had to drive over and pick them up from MCO. I thought we were going to die on the way back over here to Daytona. It was raining so hard I couldn't see 2 feet past the front of my Jeep...on I-4! A couple days later we went to EPCOT, which was nice because it was intermittantly pouring off and on so we pretty much had the park to ourselves! We were prepared with ponchos! LOL~~!

SAFE TRAVELS THIS SUMMER, EVERYONE!!
    I remember Faye. That's the one that dumped about 30 inches of rain in Central Florida correct? It wasn't quite that bad here in Southwest Florida.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't remember how much rain we got. I think it was 3 years ago or so. I just remember it rained forEVER. And my friends came down to hang out and go to the beach and we couldn't LOL. I went outside at one point and was trying to put on my hurricane shutters in my swimsuit. LMAO!
    Gwen