Thread: do you get the same housekeeper every day?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thinking about tipping and things, do you get the same mousekeeper in the rooms every day you stay at a resort? How much is right to tip?

Post Thanks / Like
    First let me say that technically the housekeepers are not allowed to accept tips. That being said, a good number of folks do tip. My DW and I have a tendency to leave about $5.00/day. You are not guaranteed that you will have the same housekeeper every day so if you are going to tip it is better to do it on a daily basis than on a weekly or end of trip basis.

Now, having said that, and off topic, my oldest granddaughter works as a housekeeper for Marriott. They are required to turn their tips over each day and they then get split up among the housekeepers that worked that day. Lest you think that this might breed dishonesty, their supervisor places random tips throughout the hotel so she knows how much she put out and how much she would expect back. So if you get caught, you lose your job.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix