Thread: Christmas Gifts

Post Thanks / Like
    This year i am really struggling with gifts for everyone, every time i go out to attempt christmas shopping i seem to just wander aimlessly with no clue on what to get!

What are you getting your loved ones this year?

Post Thanks / Like
    I know exactly how you feel Kate I have normally got the majority of presents by now, but I just can't seem to find things I like.

I spend hours looking, I like to give something that the recipient will like, I can't just buy anything. I drive Chris mad

I've got Chris a few gadgety things, but he is having a new phone for Christmas - Keith has finally convinced Chris to have an iphone so i will probably try and get him a radio/dock for it.

My inlaws we normally get them the Strictly Dancing DVD, a voucher for M&S and some little odds and ends - they are in their late 70s and are very difficult to buy for.

The girls are having clothes and they have given me some lists but I like to get them some surprises as well. Livvy, the youngest, loves clothes, anything Disney and arts and crafts, I bought her a kit from the Sticky Mosaics range for her birthday last year and she loves them, so I've got her a few of them. I still need to find stocking fillers, they aren't my girls, but they call me their second mum :)

I'm getting some South Pacific tickets for Pat (she was my Dad's partner).

Other than that I have no idea and I am starting to panic

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    tell me about it Kate :(
    the kids are both getting car tax and electic shavers but as suprize wise goes im at a blank :(
    dave's birthday is in december but he has got a new nikkon so other than something small he is sorted but as for xmas im stumped this is what gets me down about xmas taht i just dont know what to get people :(

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll join in here too. I simply just cannot find anything that even looks appealing. That's probably the result of the fact that I can't think of a darn thing for anyone, including the boy.

Can't we simply just cancel everything this year? Please???

(I'll cook dinner. I can do that).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Same here too.

Got Steven the "thing" that he wants but finding other bits for him is impossible. Adrian I have no idea what to get for and don't even get me started on my brothers.

The shops have all got the same old boxed sets of things that they reel out every Christmas. Nothing different or interesting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh im so glad that everyone else is feeling the same as me - on the other hand though you've been no help whatsoever haha!

DD and i are going to make some nice cookies and cupcakes and put them in some little christmassy bags/tins to give to the grandparents but thats about as far as i have got really.

DD is sorted, no idea for dh, my mum, mil, fil, bil - the list is endless really. And i agree with Dawn, the shops seem to be wheeling out the christmas stuff that theyve had for years!!

Need to seriously get my thinking cap on with this one i think.

If we get any bright ideas i think we need to post them - seems we are all super stuck!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm the same. I can't say I have looked very hard yet but when I have there is nothing new. I find I am asking myself stupid questions like "when did I last get my sister a bottle of perfume? Or is this the year for a nice pair of earrings?" like I am having to rotate the presents. My Mum has said it's the same for her too. I have my little Great Niece sorted - a Sylvanian Family Windmill - but my great Nephew? No idea, he seems to have everything that is out there. I'm a bit like Wendy, I have to get people things I think that they will like, and so that makes it a bit tougher

Mr Deb and I aren't getting any big presents for each other this year as we hope to be in our new house before Christmas, and if so that will be enough of a pressie, as well as meaning we won't have time to shop. I will buy Basil a very posh new collar though and address it to his Daddy too!