Results 1 to 1 of 1
27-03-2013, 04:29 PM #1
is hoping things are getting
Firecracker Duck Wings from Carthay Circle Restaurant at Disney California AdventureFire Cracker Duck Wings
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 orange, zested (no white pith) and chopped
- 1 cup yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup celery, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 lemongrass stalks, tops and root-end trimmed and crushed with back of knife to release flavor
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 red jalapeño peppers, cut in half lengthwise
- 4-5 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Coarse salt and pepper to taste
- 25 duck wings, tips removed and cut in half at joint
- 2 cups flour
- 3 cups cold seltzer water
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, more if needed
- 1 cup butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Sriracha hot chili sauce
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Place oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add orange zest toast for 3 to 4 minutes. Add onion, carrots, and celery, stirring until slightly caramelized. Add brown sugar and vinegar and reduce by half, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add lemongrass, ginger, garlic, jalapeños, lime leaves, and soy sauce. Reduce by half, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and bring to boil. Reduce to simmer and add cilantro. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Place duck wings in a single layer in large roasting pan. (Two pans might be needed depending on number of wings and size.) Pour liquid over wings, making sure meat is completely covered.
- Cover pan with foil. Braise for 1 1/2 hours; check for tenderness and cook longer if necessary.
- Remove wings from braising liquid and place in separate pan. Strain braising liquid, then pour over wings. Refrigerate until cooled.
For tempura batter:
- Mix together flour, seltzer water, and coarse salt. Refrigerate until tread to use.
- Reserve cornstarch for dredging wings.
For wing sauce:
- Melt butter in small saucepan over low heat.
- Add soy sauce and Sriracha, mixing thoroughly.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- Pat wings dry. Dredge in tempura batter, then roll in small amount of cornstarch. Add more cornstarch if necessary.
- Prepare deep fryer, including oil amount, according to machine instructions.
- Place coated wings one by one directly into fryer, with basket submerged in oil. Lift basket and shake occasionally to make sure wings don’t stick together.
- Fry until crispy, watching closely so as not to overcook. Remove from fryer and toss wings with warm sauce.
- Squeeze fresh lime over wings and keep warm until all wings are cooked.
If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
there is something you must always remember.
You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
Winne the Pooh - A A Milne
A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
no matter how close or far apart you may be.
A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Wendy in forum Disneyland Resort News & RumorsReplies: 0Last Post: 07-06-2012, 12:51 PM
By Wendy in forum Disneyland Resort News & RumorsReplies: 0Last Post: 08-03-2012, 12:11 PM
By Wendy in forum Disneyland Resort News & RumorsReplies: 0Last Post: 08-07-2011, 04:23 PM
Disney California Adventure Park Expansion Reaches Next Milestone with ‘The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure’By Wendy in forum Disneyland Resort News & RumorsReplies: 0Last Post: 03-06-2011, 02:25 PM
By Isafari in forum Walt Disney World News & RumorsReplies: 0Last Post: 19-07-2010, 10:29 AM