Results 1 to 1 of 1
13-06-2012, 05:08 PM #1
is hoping things are getting
Vegetable Burger with Fried Green Tomatoes and Creole Remoulade
2 cups dried navy beans (4 cups cooked)
1/4 cup soybeans
1/4 cup shredded carrots
1/3 cup cornmeal
1 cup finely diced white onion
1/4 cup frozen corn
1 1/4 cups shredded potatoes
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
2 egg whites
3/4 cup canola oil, divided
Cornstarch, for dusting
Fried Green Tomatoes
1 large green tomato
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon dried minced garlic
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup canola oil, divided, for frying tomatoes
Coarse salt, to taste
Creole Remoulade Sauce
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 small red onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon favorite Cajun spice
2 tablespoons ketchup
1/2 small lemon, juiced
1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
1 tablespoon chopped chives
8 brioche rolls
8 slices pepper jack cheese
For vegetable burgers:
- Cover navy beans with water in a pot and soak overnight. Drain and wash beans; cover with water and cook until tender.
- Place soybeans and carrots in a heat-proof container; pour boiling water over vegetables and steep for 2 minutes. Drain, cool, and set aside.
- Place cooked navy beans in food processor, reserving 1 1/4 cup. Puree until smooth. Add cornmeal and pulse until well mixed. Remove from food processor and place in a large bowl.
- Add onion, corn, potatoes, parsley, soybeans, carrots, salt, pepper, and Sriracha, mixing well.
- Fold in reserved navy beans and egg whites.
- Divide evenly into 8 patties.
- Heat 1/2 cup oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Lightly dust patties with cornstarch and fry in batches until golden, about 5 minutes per side, adding more oil as needed. Lightly flatten patties with spatula when turning. Drain on paper towels and serve hot.
For fried green tomatoes:
- Slice tomato into 8 slices, about 1/4-inch thick. Place in a glass baking dish and cover with yogurt. Refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Combine pepper, garlic, cumin, chili powder, and cornmeal in a small bowl, mixing well.
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Remove tomatoes from yogurt and dredge in cornmeal. Fry in batches in hot oil until golden brown, adding oil as needed. Drain on paper towels, season with salt, and keep warm.
For Creole Remoulade sauce:
Combine all ingredients in food processor or blender. Refrigerate in airtight container.
Stack burger, slice of pepper jack cheese, slice of fried green tomato, and 2 tablespoons remoulade on a toasted brioche roll. Serve hot.
If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
there is something you must always remember.
You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
Winne the Pooh - A A Milne
A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
no matter how close or far apart you may be.
A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Wendy in forum Restaurants, Dining, Dining PlansReplies: 3Last Post: 13-06-2012, 05:42 PM
By luvdisney in forum Restaurants, Dining, Dining PlansReplies: 8Last Post: 19-01-2011, 12:01 PM
By Britchick in forum Astronomy & AstrophotographyReplies: 6Last Post: 18-06-2010, 06:31 PM
By Dawn in forum Restaurants, Dining, Dining PlansReplies: 13Last Post: 12-03-2009, 11:42 PM
By disaholic in forum Universal/Islands of AdventureReplies: 3Last Post: 09-10-2008, 01:56 PM