Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: silly outrage about disney clothing

Post Thanks / Like
    Parents Angry Over Disney's 'Dive In' Underwear for Young Girls
    Thursday, August 14, 2008

Share“High School Musical” underwear for young girls have sparked outrage — because they have the words “Dive in” on them.

A British woman bought a packet of five pairs, with a “Disney-approved” design promoting the hit movie, for her seven-year-old granddaughter.

“When she put them on, myself and my daughter thought, ‘Oh my goodness.’ It is inappropriate because it is sexually suggestive,” Sue Ralph, a 57-year-old civil servant, said. “You just never know who could see that and think it was a bit too enticing for a young child to be wearing.”

Sue is demanding the $7.50 packs are removed from her local Asda supermarket in Broadstairs, Kent, where she bought them.

The underwear has also angered the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children, a British children’s charity.

NSPCC said: “This is part of a worrying trend of inappropriate clothing marketed at young children.”

“The design was approved by Disney. It was completely innocent and not meant to cause offence,” Asda said in a statement.

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw the clothing and couldn't understand the fuss. However I AM against little girls being bought thongs and bras to wear by their parents at age six etc... that is just bliddy ridiculous.

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't see the words "dive in" as anything other than a description of what you might do when swimming. I guess it all depends on how your mind deciphers the wording as to whether you find it offensive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire, post: 33448
    I didn't see the words "dive in" as anything other than a description of what you might do when swimming. I guess it all depends on how your mind deciphers the wording as to whether you find it offensive.

Exactly what I thought.

I wouldn't have given it a second thought tbh.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I honestly don't like anything written on my little girl's bottom..but that is just me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm with you Shellyamc. I don't find it appropriate at all to draw attention to a little girl (or boy's for that matter) bottom. The pedophiles don't need any encouragement.

However, I think they are talking about underwear and no one other than prents should be able to see a child's underwear.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    oh ok, I didn't realize it was underwear. I guess it really wouldn't matter then, no one should see it. Unless you are me..when I was little I liked to wear my Wonder Woman underwear outside my clothes so everyone could see

Post Thanks / Like
    i just dont like the sound of it sorry

Post Thanks / Like
    i think its fuss over nothing, just the connotation that someone put on to something innocent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Shellyamc!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast