Thread: Today

Post Thanks / Like
    Not much to report on for today.

We went to a tour around Westgate Lake & Spa Resort this morning, on Turkey Lake Road. It's a fantastic concept and we were sold until they told us it wouldn't be our home resort and the one we were in fact purchasing in was out the back past AKL. Thankfully we hadn't signed anything at this point and told them it wasn't for us as that resort was too far out and we like to be central.

So that was our morning wasted :(

This afternoon we went to Florida Mall as we needed some clothes for the cruise, came out $300 lighter.

Had a late lunch at Ruby Tuesdays - very tasty.

This evening we popped over to DTD which was heaving, so today's photos are a couple for there tonight.

Tomorrow will be photo heavy as we're at AK in the morning and MGM in the afternoon. We're also transferring to Art of Animation for 3 nights from tomorrow too, so be prepared to be bombarded :)

[ATTACH]14135.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14136.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14137.vB[/ATTACH]

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope they gave you a nice gift for your wasted time! Did you find them pushy? We toured at the one near AK and nicknamed the sales girl Elvira. She was horrible. I've never encountered anything like that in my life.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking forward to seeing the art of animation photos!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 301102
    I hope they gave you a nice gift for your wasted time! Did you find them pushy? We toured at the one near AK and nicknamed the sales girl Elvira. She was horrible. I've never encountered anything like that in my life.
    yeah ditto although I always take these kind of things as a bit of a game. Kinda expect them to be absolute muppets before I start.

It was particularly bad though. I particularly liked it when she yelled "STOP! if you get up from this table you'll be losing $50k in discounts and I wont be able to get them back for you" to which I said "that's ok :) what's $50k between friends, i'll take my chances thanks" and started walking towards the door and one of her cronies stopped me and said "she's gone to see her manager, we dont want you to lose out today.

Then the original sales woman + two other guys all came out to tell me how if I walked out the door I'd be making the mistake of a lifetime

As I say, I was fine and expected a typical hard sell but jeez.

Some of the golf course resorts are really nice. Great areas and facilities but as Lisa said, it's the bait and switch that kills it. They show you around the first bit built which is fantastic and then later mention quietly that actually you'd be buying into a small hovel out in the sticks
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 301103
    Looking forward to seeing the art of animation photos!
    ooo me too!

Post Thanks / Like
    We went there years ago and I hated every minute of it and vowed never to go to one of them again, it was just hard sell.

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    I like your style with the pushy salesperson Keith....good one.

Actually I was very impressed with the DVC sales team as they weren`t at all pushy. [This was back in 1992 though and maybe things have changed since then. ]

Post Thanks / Like
    Great photos Lisa :D Sorry about the hard sell

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 301125
    I like your style with the pushy salesperson Keith....good one.

Actually I was very impressed with the DVC sales team as they weren`t at all pushy. [This was back in 1992 though and maybe things have changed since then. ]
    We actually did DVC just a couple of trips ago and they were absolutely fine and professional. Not at all pushy IMHO

Post Thanks / Like
    DVC is not pushy at all. I've been to a couple of presentations with them. They send you home with info.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!