Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yikes! It's hailing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Temperature was in the high 80s last week and today it's cold and hailing!

Really, really weird weather!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ugh! Stay indoors! I hope your car is safe!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    How big is the hail? That stuff can cause lots of damage.

The weirdest thing I ever witnessed was thunder snow. Weird.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    The hail is very small to pea-sized, so far. The pieces increased in size as I watched it!

My car is out in the open in the parking lot.

that the hail doesn't last long.

There are patches of pale blue sky surrounded by big, dark clouds. Hoping a patch of blue goes overhead soon!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh geez. :( I hope the car comes through unscathed.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    It's quit hailing for now. We still have dark clouds, but it's just rain.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, you certainly do need rain in Arizona! I've never been in a drier state!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, we average around 8 inches of rain per year, and have been in a drought for several years. :(

Calendar year 2008 we actually were slightly above average rainfall for the year. 2009 is off to a good start--at least equal to YTD average. This is our second storm, with another one on the radar for the weekend.

Should have a good display of wildflowers this spring (March/April). AKA weeds, if they're in your garden/landscaping!

Post Thanks / Like
    With regard to location, how far is the storm (would you guess) from Chandler? That's where Herself's sister lives.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's patchy, Tink. Patches of blue sky, patches of fluffy clouds, patches of dark clouds. What's happening here probably isn't happening a mile or so away.

The storm is blowing in from the west, so it's moving toward the SE valley, which is where Chandler is located. They do tend to have a bit more rainfall than we do in the NE valley--they still have more open land.

It doesn't seem to be a particularly damaging storm at this point--just colder. And the hail completely surprised me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast