Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drawing WDW characters

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I've heard somewhere that in one (maybe more) of the parks, that you are actually taught how to draw a character....is this true? If so, have you ever done this? What character do you draw or does it change?
    :sigs-cartoon-005::smiley3::sigs-tv-010:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 6896
    I think I've heard somewhere that in one (maybe more) of the parks, that you are actually taught how to draw a character....is this true? If so, have you ever done this? What character do you draw or does it change?
    :sigs-cartoon-005::smiley3::sigs-tv-010:
    This is SOOOOO cool :) It's in Hollywood Studios and it's part of the animators tour but you can go and do it without doing the tour itself :) (just keep going past the brown derby and turn right past the bear in the big blue house)

It takes around 20 mins and they choose a different character each session :) everyone gets to draw but it's fine, no one sees you or drags you out to the front or anything.

They show you how to draw the characters just using easy shapes :) It's really good
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    its on MGM i think

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely at DHS. Pooh seems to be the most popular character--he's probably the easiest to draw!

It's fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    They also do this in Disney Quest. It has always been fairly busy when I've seen it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I've done it at Disney Quest too. Still have my Minnie picture somewhere. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 6930
    This is SOOOOO cool :) It's in Hollywood Studios and it's part of the animators tour but you can go and do it without doing the tour itself :) (just keep going past the brown derby and turn right past the bear in the big blue house)

It takes around 20 mins and they choose a different character each session :) everyone gets to draw but it's fine, no one sees you or drags you out to the front or anything.

They show you how to draw the characters just using easy shapes :) It's really good
    Sounds very interesting...the animators tour you mentioned....is this a free tour?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cathydisneynut, post: 7072
    They also do this in Disney Quest. It has always been fairly busy when I've seen it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 7275
    I've done it at Disney Quest too. Still have my Minnie picture somewhere. :D
    Can you remember where abouts at DQ you've seen this. We've been a few times and I've never noticed it before!

Post Thanks / Like
    Think it's on the 2nd level. You do the drawing on computer monitors and they'll print yours off for you - costs 2 or 3 dollars for the print but the workshop is free.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 7416
    Sounds very interesting...the animators tour you mentioned....is this a free tour?
    yep sure is :)

It sounds like the disneyquest one is all fancy and done on computers, the hollywood studios one is where you sit at an animators desk with proper pencil and paper :)
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast