Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Special moments

Post Thanks / Like
    Now....I know you'll all have some of these. I want to hear about one or more of the 'special moments' from your WDW holiday. You know....the time that brought a happy tear to your eyes (with me, I just bawl at times!!)
    Maybe something that happened to a loved one or a fave show or parade that always brings that lump to your throat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh heck Diane, how can I choose :sigh;

The first time we ever went, it was like a dream come true for me, I'd wanted to go for so long and it was just unreal that I was finally there.

When we walked through those turnstiles and into Main Street, I just burst into tears, the first thing I saw was the castle and the second things was Minnie Mouse, I guess that's why she's my fave character. It was like being in a dream and we didn't have a clue what or where to go At the time we never had a PC so we were completely blind.

Another time was watching Wishes last year, I wasn't looking forward to the holiday and just standing there with Chris and watching and listening made me feel that I could go on, I just had to believe in me.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

NW UK, handy for the Lakes, Dales, Peak District a
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watching Illuminations on my 40th birthday......

Post Thanks / Like
    going to discovery cove and having a dolphin bring my sister a bouy with her birthday message was my favourite!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    My special moment was when we went to MK for dd 15th birthday. Our friends from Atlanta came with us and we had a ball. I can not wait for next year as they are coming down to spend time with us

Post Thanks / Like
    My favourite has to be last year when we met up with Johnie and Beccaberry for dinner at Ohana and we all watched Wishes from or table on the last night of or holiday.

Post Thanks / Like
    My BFF, Leu, and I took her DD (Shelly) and her DD (Lexie--age 9) and DS(Troy--all of 14 weeks!) to WDW for their first visit last December.

Our first park day was at MK. We were walking through the Main Street shops on the Emporium side of the street and one of the CMs began chatting with Lexie. Lexie is a peanut--she wasn't quite tall enough for RnRC (not quite 48")--so people tend to think she is younger than her age. The CM was completely charmed with this little creature who looked about 6 and sounded about 30! The CM gave her Tinkerbell pins so she could share one (she gave it to her cousin when she arrived home). Lexie was thrilled!

Troy absolutely loved WDW--particularly Centennial Hall at Pop Century! He just looked around and laughed and flirted with everyone!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dh and I were on our honeymoon and I have to say that we had tons of special moments on that trip!! We knew nothing about Disney, but we just really wanted to go. We didn't book any dinners so we walked up to the LTT and did our best to get in to eat. They gave us the last spot before they closed and we had an awesome dinner. When we left after eating we noticed that everything was really quiet. Turns out the park was closed and they were going the kiss goodnight (not that we had any idea what it was at the time). Dh and I stood there in front of the castle all alone taking pictures, video, and in general just being in We walked down Main Street USA listening to the music and to Mickey say goodnight with no one around but the people sweeping the street. It was like something out of a movie with the lights twinkling and it felt like it was just for us. :rose5: It really was one of those moments that you couldn't have planned if you tried and it was amazingly special.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh gosh, we've had so many. One of my favorites is we took my mom with us a couple of years ago. She got a 1st Visitor button and we were in the characer connection place at Epcot. All of the characters were making a fuss with her but Alice just chatted with her for ages. She was so sweet and mom was just beaming. Then there is this picture with her being hugged by Goofy and Pluto, it's awesome. I'll have to see it sometime.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    riding the POTC with my Dad this last trip. I had waited for that day for years....My parents took me to WDW 4 months after MK officialy opened....I was hooked....It took 40 yrs but I was finally able to take them....
    One great pair of shoes can change your life.~~Cinderella
    Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says " ! She's up!!"

:muahaha:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast