Thread: Boardwalk entertainment

Post Thanks / Like
    We've been to the Boardwalk a couple of times but we only walk up and down the promenade taking in some of the street entertainment and.....I always have to buy a cake at the bakery, sit on a bench and just sit looking out over the lake....so relaxing.

However, I know there are a few bars/entertainment buildings there which we've never even seen inside.
    I think I would like Jellyrolls and will maybe give it a go this next trip.
    Anyone been to Jellyrolls? What was the atmosphere like?

Anywhere you would recommend? Also a good place to eat there? Are there any dress codes?

Post Thanks / Like
    No dress codes. I've not ever been in Jelly Rolls, but that was because they allowed smoking. I don't know if it's the same case now, though.

Flying Fish is a very popular place to dine there. Actually, all of the places to have a meal have a pretty good reputation, so choose based on your preferences.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    do u know i have never been to the boardwalk!!!

its a must for next time

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the Boardwalk it has such a good atmosphere in the evening. We walked the full circuit after eating at Cape May one evening. We usually just spend the time watching the street entertainers but we have been in the ESPN bar before. Would like a meal there one evening.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe smoking is still permitted in Jellyrolls.

It's a dueling piano format--and they take requests! It's fun, but it gets a bit loud for my taste. I'm more an AC person!

Post Thanks / Like
    We stayed at Boardwalk last trip. It was fabulous. We were able to see alot of the entertainment from our balcony. We never made it into any of the clubs, but we were just content to walk around. The atmosphere is wonderful. And the kids loved the bakery and ice cream shop. And I highly recommend Spoodles...YUM!
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...

Post Thanks / Like
    I second Spoodles. It is so good. The entertainment comes out in the evening and is a lot of fun. I haven't been to Jellyrolls though but I've heard good things about it.

We did go to the Big River Brewing Company or whatever it's name is. But I really didn't care for it. I mean it's ok in a pinch but it's not my favorite place to go. They have a cheese soup which was really just melted cheese, not yummy like at Le Cellier.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh gosh, we went some place there last August that had a dance floor and played great 80's music (mostly). We had a blast. There was this guy that was toasted and he was so funny, he was like the only one out there and he didn't care. It was hilarious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Taja, post: 6969
    I believe smoking is still permitted in Jellyrolls.

It's a dueling piano format--and they take requests! It's fun, but it gets a bit loud for my taste. I'm more an AC person!
    If it gets too smokey, that would put me off a little as I wear contacts and my eyes really sting in smoly atmospheres.
    Oh my...it gets too loud for you and AC was more your taste!!! I thought AC was loud....am I getting old

Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 7222
    Oh gosh, we went some place there last August that had a dance floor and played great 80's music (mostly). We had a blast. There was this guy that was toasted and he was so funny, he was like the only one out there and he didn't care. It was hilarious.
    Now DH would love this place but I imagine we would look like grandparents there!