Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Villa

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi All,

Is it cheaper to book a villa straight from the owners website or similar or to book a villa/car/flight deal through a travel agent?

Also, can anyone reccomend a nice villa not too far away from everything?

Josh
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely cheaper to book direct Josh. The travel companies take a percentage from the owners which makes their prices higher.

The closer you are to Disney the higher the price is. You also have to decide what you want and how many bedrooms. The price is also more during peak times, like Easter, Christmas, Thanksgiving and some are for UK school holidays as well.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    well, there are 4 of us, so 3 bedroomed, definatley with a pool too. Communal or not, we're not fussed.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    We booked direct with the villa owner. I like to have our own pool, its great to be able to swim in the morning before you have brekkie.
    We stayed near Championsgate, great location. I shall be trying to get a disabled villa near there for next year.

Post Thanks / Like
    just out of interest, how was staying in a 'non-disabled' villa for a disabled person? I'm just interested to know as It's not very nice to think that they aren't *all* suitable for disabled people, shame
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 6973
    just out of interest, how was staying in a 'non-disabled' villa for a disabled person? I'm just interested to know as It's not very nice to think that they aren't *all* suitable for disabled people, shame
    It was ok as Beth was still quite light so i could lift her although the bath proved awkward. I had the shower curtain pole hit me on the head one morning. The doors were not a problem.
    Next year will be very diffrent as Beth is quite heavy now. We will need a pool hoist to get her in and out and also a walk in shower. I will need to be able to get to shower her and a bath would be useless. We could not hoist her in one as the bath pannel would be in the way.
    We will need to hire a portable hoist and shower chair as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Shame that they aren't equipped to hire one themselves. I can understand them not wanting to go to the extra cost for something trivial, but this is *essential*
    How much does it cost you? to rent it?
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 7059
    Shame that they aren't equipped to hire one themselves. I can understand them not wanting to go to the extra cost for something trivial, but this is *essential*
    How much does it cost you? to rent it?
    But it is only 'essential' for a small proportion of the visitors. It is unrealistic to hope that all properties would be totally suitable or adapted, as long as there are enough for all that need them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think, but am not positive, that all new construction (and that may include any existing buildings for rent to the public) need to have at least accessible doorways.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 7498
    I think, but am not positive, that all new construction (and that may include any existing buildings for rent to the public) need to have at least accessible doorways.
    Yes you are right Tink, its the same here in the UK.

Josh we pay around the same as if we hired any villa.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast