Thread: Last chance to see

Post Thanks / Like
    Only watched this last night, following the Amazonian manatee this week

I never realised Douglas Adams and Stephen Fry were such good friends - Much as I hate the 'tourisyness of that resort they went to the 5 mile walk around the treeetops certainly appeals there were parrots everywhere - looks amazing

Post Thanks / Like
    I also caught this last night.
    Stephen Fry would be my ideal guest at a dinner party as he seems to know everything about everything and is a really witty guy.....love watching the QI repeats.

Post Thanks / Like
    So would the late great Douglas Adams , so sad

At least this explains whey for the second half of his tour of America programme he had a broken arm!

Post Thanks / Like
    They really were good friends and Douglas Adams got the very first Macintosh in the UK, possibly Europe, Stephen Fry the second.

Indeed we ran an ISP in the 90s with Douglas as a customer and in those days Macs did the Internet better than pcs but were still more than a little quirky so we often got calls from him. I remember him being put through to me for a particularly hard problem and him saying "I need to get this working because Stephen Fry will be trying too"

Tragic loss

Stephen Fry would be my ideal guest at a dinner party as he seems to know everything about everything and is a really witty guy.....love watching the QI repeats
    Even on twitter he manages to inject his humour into those tiny text message sized tweets. Great guy for sure
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    So green with envy it isn't true

So much of what these two believe and do is what I aspire to it is remarkale how parallel there thinking was on so many topics

Taken from us far far to soon

Post Thanks / Like
    i completely forgot about this- will have to watch it on i player, thanks for reminding me. I like Stephen Fry too- very interesting man

Post Thanks / Like
    what a nice programme! i can completely understand teh pull of marine mammals- i don't know what it is, looking forward to the rest of the series. I really want to go in one of those float planes too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know if anyone saw this weeks episode but the Kakapo was soooooo cute!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    i have it on the sky box