Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: so my wise friends

Post Thanks / Like
    how do you learn to trust again and not assume everyone is the same ???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    you take it one step at a time. I don't give my whole heart and trust to anyone all at once. I give everyone a base level of trust. They have to earn anything on top of that.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I've worked out over time that it's better to trust and sometimes find that trust misplaced than to withdraw and miss out on all the experiences life has to offer. It's never good to be hurt but if we let those who've hurt us stop us from finding happiness elsewhere then we've REALLY let them win.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely. First step is to forgive, and that does not mean CONDONE or FORGET. What it means is to release the power that person has over you, to continue to hurt you.

Then, step on with your life, full of life and beauty, knowing what know (you are wiser now) and recognizing that YOU are the better person for all your experiences.

Look life full in the face and rejoice that you are who you are!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    im just really wary of dropping my guard.....normally as soon as i do i always end up hurt and feeling even more stupid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Please never ever feel stupid for trusting someone You are NOT stupid in any way, shape or form!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Stupidity is not a factor, but I do understand what we are saying. Compassionate, decent people seem to always feel that they are the one who did something "wrong" when their trust has been violated.

That isn't the case at all. The person who broke your trust is the one who did something wrong and should feel stupid.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    i know i just have to remain strong and i also know that if i dont start to trust and take a gamble once in a while that i will be forever alone.

but the male species can be very strange and are very hard to work out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    mmmmmm i think forgiveness is the key, it doesn't mean that you are weak in fact it's the opposite shows how strong you are. Life is full of risks and to get utmost enjoyment i think you have to take a big risk - showing your feelings and learning to trust again is one of those big risks.

Don't demonise men as one or any number have hurt you, there are good and bad in everything and i think if we do do this we start looking for the little imperfections that prove our point thus a self fullfilling prophecy.

Tracy you are a lovely caring person with a fantastic sense of humour, don't waste your time on these negative emotions- have a last ditched blow out on him then put it in a box and move on. Life is too short.

you did ask for advice

Post Thanks / Like
    Well that is a question..... i am in nature a very trusting person and have had my fingers burnt as they say on a couple of occassions

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast