Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toddler sleeping question

Post Thanks / Like
    I know there's lot of mommies and daddies here so I have a question. It's getting colder at night here in WNY and DS is now in a toddler bed. We used to keep a ceramic heater in his room when he was in a crib but I don't feel comfortable doing that now that he can get up out of bed. He's over 2.5yrs so I"m not afraid of him smothering on blankets but what age do you start putting actual blankets in the bed? He has a small blanket that he sleeps with but it barely covers him. I'm thinking he needs something heavier, especially for when it's freezing outside!

What age do you start 'tucking' them in?
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    awww Rosie

It's a long time since we agonised over this with our boys, my youngest was in a bed very early on, much earlier than my eldest was. We used to put a sheet and blankets on and tuck them in very tightly - 2 1/2 is probably the age we started it with our eldest. It gets easier after you've done it a few times and you realise it's ok!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am probably the wrong person to answer this but Alysia had blankets in her toddler bed.

Do you have footie pajamas that Brady could wear? Those help keep the kiddos warm. I couldn't put Alysia in them though, I thought she was going to roast to death the one night she did wear them

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 165967
    I am probably the wrong person to answer this but Alysia had blankets in her toddler bed.

Do you have footie pajamas that Brady could wear? Those help keep the kiddos warm. I couldn't put Alysia in them though, I thought she was going to roast to death the one night she did wear them
    You have to remember Johnie, I'm in Buffalo! There's no roasting in winter in Buffalo!

He does have footie pjs but I still think his little hands and head get cold. We tend to keep the heat lower than we probably should because DH and I are usually hot. That's why we had the ceramic heater in Brady's room. Plus it doesn't help that Brady's room is the coldest.

Maybe I can convince the dog to sleep with DS? That'll solve 2 problems in my life!
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    woolie hat and mittens....job done!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mumof2, post: 165975
    woolie hat and mittens....job done!
    DH would ask if Brady was going to bed or out sledding!
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    The grandson has gotten tucked in with blankets since last winter and he was 2 then. I'd say he's old enough to not have a problem with the blankets.

Post Thanks / Like
    layers keep the heat in so what about and extra set of pyjamas, also he probably wouldn't sleep if he was too cold would he? i would certainly say blankets were ok for his age

Post Thanks / Like

We gave Katelyn a pillow and blanket when she went into her big girl bed The one thing she has always had was an afghan that my Mom made her. I never really worried about that because even if she got it over her head she could still breath. You should be just fine giving him a nice comfy blankie now, Katelyn has had one for awhile and they are pretty much the same age.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you get a beanie bag that you microwave - it stays warm for a quite a while and doesn't feel cold when it's lost it's heat like a hot water bag does.

Blankets should be ok now as well.

Stay snug

Sandra
    Sandra

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast