Thread: Kuzzina Review

Post Thanks / Like
    I had dinner at Kuzzina on 9/13 and went in with an open mind (as I was a huge fan of Spoodles' food and servers). I had the Lamb Shank which was delicious and fork tender! As always the preparation and service was spot on. However...

As a regular so to speak, I noticed something missing. I was dining alone and really payed attention to the kitchen staff, servers, managers etc. I had the opportunity to have a frank discussion with my server on the new changes and he let me know exactly what was going on.

In the past, orders were able to be tweaked a bit to accomodate special requests (for little ones or finiky appetites), no more. The servers are not happy and to quote him "the kitchen atmosphere is like someone died". They of course are not showing this to the guests. They are very frustrated that they are "in the business to please the guest" but are not able to fully do so. Additionally, cut backs, scheduling and bottom line goals are attributing to the unhappiness.

I hope things relax a bit for them. These are truly talented individuals, some of the best on property and if you dine there, please reassure them of your appreciation and recognize their excellence, even under the current circumstances.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"When you rush around in hopeless circles, searching everywhere for something true, you're at the age of not believing, when all the make-believe is through."

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow VERY good review thanks for that!

Yes, I think to be in Disney they have to accept requests. It's what allows them to charge the premium they all do

Thanks for that!
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome review. Nice refreshing honesty from that server.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am looking forward to trying there myself. However, if they don't do special requests for tweaking (so to speak) that will be a problem.

Thank you for the head's up!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    The not being able to "tweaK" items for their guests will come back to haunt them. Maybe in other areas the celebrity chef name is enough for people to take the food as the chef believes it should be served, but there are far too many choices at Disney. I think if this practice continues, they won't stay overly busy for long... Just my opinion..
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the great review, which is very helpful to us.

We loved Spoodles for that very reason as it was the best place where our kids could eat from the adult menu but have their meals as you put it tweaked. Sometimes it just meant leaving of a sauce that was too hot (spicy) or adding pasta instead of something else. We have always had wonderful attentive service in Spoodles. It was a great family restaurant and always reminded us of our many wonderful holidays in Cyprus.

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you for the great review.

Sorry to hear the changes arent for the better though...

Post Thanks / Like
    We went the week it opened and our server was very young and very much a rule follower. He wouldn't allow any tweaking of the menu but we noticed that other servers would. So your mileage may vary.

I had a very good pastichio there. It was very good and rich.