Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Josh's trip to Hong Kong Day 1- Travelling and First Day

Post Thanks / Like
    When we left Hong Kong airport we where ushered through to the cabin crew's exit before we had to explain that we where just on an exchange LOL
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Herself visited China and has told me that the Chinese touch nothing with their hands to eat! (I'd be lost LOL).

I am miserable with chopsticks too. I actually thought I was getting pretty good with them at one point and then saw an Asian family in EPCOT dining in Japan. The father was so very graceful with his chopsticks that I was embarrassed to even pick mine up!

I LOVE the shots of the city. I would love to visit Hong Kong (and other parts of China) one day too!

The uniforms are quite snazzy (but I do agree about the tie :D ).

Looking forward to more... (LOVE the shot of the noodles, made me hungry). :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 167103
    Herself visited China and has told me that the Chinese touch nothing with their hands to eat! (I'd be lost LOL).

I am miserable with chopsticks too. I actually thought I was getting pretty good with them at one point and then saw an Asian family in EPCOT dining in Japan. The father was so very graceful with his chopsticks that I was embarrassed to even pick mine up!

I LOVE the shots of the city. I would love to visit Hong Kong (and other parts of China) one day too!

The uniforms are quite snazzy (but I do agree about the tie :D ).

Looking forward to more... (LOVE the shot of the noodles, made me hungry). :D
    Chopsticks is definatley something that needs practice to get good at it. If you give up you'll never get it, but don't worry about not doing it properly- the Hong Kong people are just really pleased that we made the effort. Last year's group made no effort with the food or chopsticks. Our last meal was served western style (as I think Western food is something of a special occurance for most people in China) and using a fork seemed so strange. Chopsticks are good because they keep your food whole, using a fork breaks the food up.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12