Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gaining weight in Nursery School

Post Thanks / Like
    not DS, ME!

I came home from DSs school with 50 candy bars to sell in 4 weeks. I don't mind paying out the $50 (ok I do a little!) but I don't want the chocolate!! Don't these schools know that people are eating healthier these days? Can't we sell something different? My mom purchased $5 but didn't want the chocolate either so now I'm stuck with 5 chocolate bars. Ordinarily this would not be a bad thing but I've put on 5lbs this summer as it is!

The neighborhood kids will be getting full-size chocolate bars from me this Halloween!
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    thats what I was going to suggest.. just use them for trick or treaters

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, totally give it out to the trick or treaters.....

The only problem I would have is that Halloween isn't for over a month!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Give them out to co-workers or place in the office kitchen.

or....

Donate them somewhere. I know it's not healthy food but everyone needs chocolate at some point.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    They wouldn't last in my cupboard - every time I walked into the kitchen they would be shouting " Sandra, come and eat me" and me having no willpower, would have to oblige !!

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 167043
    Yep, totally give it out to the trick or treaters.....

The only problem I would have is that Halloween isn't for over a month!
    You can always freeze them.

I remember going through this in school. Back then I think the candy bars used to cost $.50 to $1.00 but the schools made a nice profit off of them as they sold literally thousands of them.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    We have them too!! I wish more schools would go to the non- candy bar sale, where you're given the option to pay for the profit and not take those darn bars

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it good chocolate? A woman where I used to work brought in chocolate to sell for her child's school. I bought a bar and the stuff was terrible. Waxy and inedible.

Yep, freeze it for Halloween, or get rid of it. Next time, just give them a donation and tell them to keep the chocolate!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 167098
    Yep, freeze it for Halloween, or get rid of it. Next time, just give them a donation and tell them to keep the chocolate!
    I would've done that but those teachers are smart! They had the boxes all labelled and sitting in DSs 'locker'!!

I just hate bringing things to sell at work as I know everyone else has kids and they all have stuff to sell too. DH said he would bring some to his work as he works with a younger group who are always hungry according to him!

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    well.. if they are good, you can always send them to me :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast