Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chomolunga

Post Thanks / Like
    or Everest...... So what would happen if George Mallory WAS found to have summited Everest then? What will happen to Sir Edmund Hillary? Will he have to relinquish the crown or what?

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't sleep for stuff like this going around in my head all the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Honey, I haven't a clue... but do try to get some rest, ok?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    and breathe, It has to be Edmund surely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Wasn't Mallory leading the way ahead of Irvine? I would have a guess that Mallory beat Edmund to it.

DLP The Disneyland Hotel
    1998 Wilderness Lodge
    1999 Off site
    2000 Caribbean Beach
    2001 Coronado Springs
    2003 Beach Club
    2005 Beach Club
    2007 Beach Club
    2009 Beach Club
    2012 Beach Club
    2014 Beach Club Concierge

Post Thanks / Like
    I reckon Mallory did it... all the clues point to it PLUS PLUS PLUS the photo of his darling wife was NOT in his jacket when his body was found. Just gotta find that photo now... who wants to go do it?..... Either way both men are dead but wouldn't it rewrite history if that pic was found on the summit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Could it possibly last that long exposed to the elements?

We aren't hearing much about this "over here" so any details you care to provide would be quite interesting!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Well George Mallory promised his wife he would, if he got to the summit, bury her pic at the top... he had a silk handkerchief in his pocket containing letters from his wife and a photo when he set off... but when his body was found the letters and hankie were there in his pocket intact but NO photo of his wife. His body was found in an unusual place too... which suggests that he was on the descent from the summit when he slipped....... Lots and lots of evidence to suggest he got to the top. Sandy Irvine his climbing buddy was also killed but his body as far as I know has still yet to be found... there have been sightings of a body where Sandy Irvine was expected to be, waiting for Mallory to summit and come back... but as far as I know it has not been officially confirmed it's him. That's all I know so far. But I would like to know what would happen if Mallory was proved to have gotten to the summit before Hillary...... maybe it will happen with this global warming and it depends I suppose on what the photo was buried in as to whether it was preserved... conditions up there make preservation extremely possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just like this kind of stuff...

Post Thanks / Like
    It is interesting, isn't it? One of those things though that I doubt will ever be settled definitively.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast