Thread: So... we are SERIOUSLY considering...

Post Thanks / Like
    joining DVC....

We would just get 100 points, which would be enough for a 6 night visit every couple of years in a Savannah view villa...

We have been discussing it.... and the only thing stopping us is the new baby....

but we really want to...

So... what do you think??

Post Thanks / Like
    You will not be disappointed.

That's a good point total to start out with and if you ever want more you can buy more points.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Great news Mari!! I think your first purchase has to be 160 points. BUT with the incentives that they're giving, it's really not a bad purchase. We bought DVC in June and cannot wait to go! I think you can get some decent incentives on Animal Kingdom DVC... If you have any questions, let me know!!
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, you have to buy a minimum of points, Mari. I think it would be wonderful for you to do so!

Remember, BLT has less dues because it takes up less land space.

We've been members since 1996, and haven't regretted it once! If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer them.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I was also thinking there was a point minimum. But what if you go thru a second hand party, like those places that sell DVC points for people, could you just buy 100 then? I'm not sure how that works.

We've never regretted buying ours either only when I get frustrated with the dues, ugh.
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    We did the DVC tour last month and the minimum was 160. They were offering 2009 points and a discount on BLT. We got a $100 gift card just for attending the tour.

You can buy less points (and cheaper) re-sale which is what I am looking at. You can get lots more points for your $$ doing it that way and once you have completed you are treated exactly the same by Disney as if you had bought direct through them.

We were told BLT was going upto $120 per point this month and we were offered $106 each

1997 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    1998 & 1999 - Disneyland Hotel & Sequoia Lodge- DLP
    2000 - Caribbean Beach Resort WDW
    2001 & 2002 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    2003 - Hotel New York - DLP
    2004 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2005 - Hotel New York - DLRP
    2006 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2007 - Yacht Club - WDW
    2008 - Disneyland Hotel, DLRP
    2009 - Yacht Club WDW, HRH & BLT
    2010 - Beach Club WDW

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, BLT is going up to $120 per point. That takes my breath away! We bought in at around $50 per point, so more than twice the amount is pretty scary to me!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 171017
    Yes, BLT is going up to $120 per point. That takes my breath away! We bought in at around $50 per point, so more than twice the amount is pretty scary to me!

Tink, did you buy it back in the day when you even got free APs with purchase? THAT would have been awesome!

I can't remember exactly but I think I paid $80 or $85 per point & it seems like it's rapidly increased since then considering that was only 2002. I wish we could add some points but that's not going to be happening right now.

Do remember one thing folks, buying from a resale place keep in mind Disney has first refusal on whatever deal you come up with. This actually happened to a friend of mine. She had a really good deal worked out to buy points from someone else & Disney stepped in & bought the points from the individual & it knocked her out of the purchase. I'm not sure if things have changed when it comes to that as this was probably 4 or 5 years ago but it's something to check into.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 171017
    What a fab price..well done

Yes Disney do still have ROFR and do take up the option if they think the price is too low or if they have a client who is looking for BCV or BWV( like I was..they went to check the resales. They were going to ROFR a sale at $80 per point and sell it to me at $106..I don't think so!!)

You can pick up good deals at resale. If Disney take up the option you just have to try again with another one. The agents know what prices will get through ok and guide you with your offer.

1997 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    1998 & 1999 - Disneyland Hotel & Sequoia Lodge- DLP
    2000 - Caribbean Beach Resort WDW
    2001 & 2002 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    2003 - Hotel New York - DLP
    2004 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2005 - Hotel New York - DLRP
    2006 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2007 - Yacht Club - WDW
    2008 - Disneyland Hotel, DLRP
    2009 - Yacht Club WDW, HRH & BLT
    2010 - Beach Club WDW

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I thought they could & would still do that. That's why I wanted to mention it because I would hate to have my hopes up that I was getting this great deal only to have it yanked out from under me.