Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: so.. how COLD does it really get during

Post Thanks / Like
    It gets pretty chilly. I've been to the park in Dec/Jan and wore a winter puffy jacket all day. Usually you can get away with a long-sleeve tee (or regular tee shirt), but you will definitely need a heavier jacket once the sun goes down. Even if it's in the 70's during the day, it still gets down in the 30's-40's at night in the winter.
    Gwen

Post Thanks / Like
    I forgot to add, the perfect time to go is Oct/Nov or Mar/Apr. Not too hot, not too cold.
    Gwen

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't been at the end of Oct but I can tell you that the beginning to mid Oct (the 13th or so) it is still very hot and humid.

I suppose chilly is pretty relative as well. I remember being there in Feb 2003. I had on a sweatshirt and my winter coat because it was freezing and there were people in the pool!

Post Thanks / Like
    from mid May through the end of September the humidity is high . That is what got to your sweet baby . From November through March , you still get some hot days, but without the heat/humidity . Sweatshirt evenings .
    We went end of Nov, Dec 2002... went to park in capris & tees . That night we did MVMCP . I had a tee, sweatshirt , scarf, hat and gloves on . PJ bottoms under my jeans . it was Great . I Loved It .
    Steam coming off the heated pools , I wasn't crazy enough . That air was too cold .

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for asking this question Mari, saves me doing it as I was going to ask it for the opposite reason! Garry suggested this weekend that we go in January, but I really don't want to go when it's too cold...being from the UK I want to see as much of the sun as I can!! I have always gone in April/early May or October, and really like it then; not overly busy, and not TOO hot or humid.

So I guess for me the answer about whether we should go in January is No! Back to the drawing board!

Post Thanks / Like
    You can check my reports ( Iknow as yet unfinished from Februar to give you some idea - we have been now 5 times in Jan/Feb and it has been different each time - some days it has been cold enough for jeans and a sweatshirt and some days it has been 85 and swimming weather - usually chills off in the evenings a little but I suppose it depends on what climate youare coming from - for us it always feels a LOT warmer than home

Post Thanks / Like
    We've experienced Christmas season where the temperatures rose to the 90s. It was unseasonably hot, but as we were still in the northeast, we were quite pleased with the unusually hot temperatures!

We've also spent miserably cold and rainy Christmas holidays at WDW. It truly simply depends on the given year.

If there is one thing certain about Florida weather it's that it's very unpredictable.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    It compares with what I would call a 'good' UK Summer - which will help someone from Mexico not one little bit

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 167867
    It compares with what I would call a 'good' UK Summer - which will help someone from Mexico not one little bit
    hahahaha

actually it does!

I remember being in London one summer and peeking out the window saw some sun and people in flip flops and shorts.. and ther eI went..

well. it was 17 hahahaha.. no exactly summery.... for me... hahaha

Im still thinking maybe not January, but towards the end of February beginning of March, might be a better time of year for us....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker, post: 167593
    from mid May through the end of September the humidity is high . That is what got to your sweet baby . From November through March , you still get some hot days, but without the heat/humidity . Sweatshirt evenings .
    We went end of Nov, Dec 2002... went to park in capris & tees . That night we did MVMCP . I had a tee, sweatshirt , scarf, hat and gloves on . PJ bottoms under my jeans . it was Great . I Loved It .
    Steam coming off the heated pools , I wasn't crazy enough . That air was too cold .
    yeah.. the humidity was terrible!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast