Thread: Crazy about Disney & turning 40

Post Thanks / Like
    My husband is taking me back to WDW in 2 weeks to celebrate my 40th birthday. I love everything Disney. We are going sans children, so it will be a blast! Our kids are little and we have not been able to ride the "big" rides together in 3 years.

We are gong to the Flying Fish for dinner the night of my birthday.

I plan to take advantage of the birthday promotion. We have annual passes, so we will get to pick between a gift certificate, an admission pass for the future or a fast pass. Has anyone actually tried any of these?

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be going for my 40th next year, and woudl like to do the Keys to the Kingdom tour while there. I'll be looking out to see what other people suggest too!

As for this year's promotion, I think I'd probably take the gift certificate, then you can treat yourself to a 40th present from Mickey too!
    Jackie

Post Thanks / Like
    What a terrific way to celebrate; it will definitely be a birthday to remember! I'd probably take the fast pass so I could get to the head of the lines. :tongue:

Happy (early) 40th birthday!
    Love isn't about finding someone you can live with.
    It's about finding someone you can share a lifetime with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, not long to wait before your off to the land of the mouse then eh!

It will be my DH's birthday on our next visit and he is going to opt for the voucher to spend as his choice.

Post Thanks / Like
    DH thinks I should do the gift certificate and I am leaning towards the fast pass. I guess it will be a judgment call when I see the crowds when we get there. I will let you know. Ten days and I will be back there. I can't wait.

Post Thanks / Like
    We both chose the gift certificate. The amount of the certificate has risen to equal the new price for a day ticket.

I still have some money left on mine! (My birthday is in April). I don't think Herself has spent any of her's yet...

Fast pass is nice though if the place is wicked busy. It's for everyone in your party, so that makes it nice to share, eh?

Getting in free on your birthday is a great idea too, if you don't already have some other form of ticket (we have APs).

Be sure to get a birthday badge at Guest Relations. If you go to dinner at a full service restaurant and let them know it's your birthday, they will bring you a dessert at the close of dinner.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and a warm welcome Hope you have a wonderful time

March 1995-Indian Wells, Sept 1996 - Westridge, June 1997 Creekside,
    Nov 1998 - Westridge,
    Sept 2000 - Westridge, April 2001 - Westridge,
    Sept 2005-Westridge, Oct 2008-Tuscan Hills, Aug 2009-Legacy Park.

Post Thanks / Like
    My next is going to be my 60th birthday and I am hoping to have a great time at WDW. So much to see and do. I am a big kid at heart. I plan on hitting every ride there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh how great to spend your birthday at WDW! I'm not sure when I'll get to do that since my b-day is at the end of April & not a time I can pull the kids from school.

So the gift voucher would be like $70??? At first I was thinking she should take the fast pass (presuming it's an all day thing) but now idk. $70 sure would be a nice amount to get to spend on yourself
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]