Thread: Hi everyone

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I haven't been posting much over the last week, what with getting everything ready for our holiday I've had so much else to do. I hope everyone is ok and I'll have to catch up with the threads over the weekend.

In the last week I have had to have 2 chips repaired in my windscreen, buy a new lock for my car as the key got stuck, Buy a new cooker, get the electic checked thoughout the flat as I keep losing power, Work has been a bit of a nightmare and gets worse, I have been on a temp contract for 2 and half years and yesterday I got a letter offering me a permanent one but on less hours meaning I would loss 2700 a year, as you can imagine I'm not very happy. The union are going to try and sort it out for me. watch this space....
    Kids are both well thank godness as so much is going round at the moment, eldest son is doing really well in his second year at high school and as usual is getting involved in everything the school has to offer which is good, youngest son is also doing well (don't know where their get their brains from)
    The kids might be good but a few parents are a little unhappy with the youngest ones school due to some issuses with what we can and can't put in their lunch boxes. it started with a request not to included anything chocolate, now we have got a letter asking parents to not send anything contaning nuts. I know we have to remember children with nut allergies but our children shouldn't have to be restricted as well. I am going to see the head on Monday and remind her that she could be digging a big hole for herself and she could get in trouble for abuse. Also a space to watch.

Well I'll zip it now and I'll catch up. Big hug to anyone who might need it.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh crikes you have been busy!

i think the lunchbox thing must everywhere, we have the 'no nuts' rule in our schools too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, you have been busy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe the school could have children with severe food allergies take their lunch a bit apart from the others? At the school where I teach, our kids with peanut allergies sit at a separate table; still in the same cafeteria as everyone else, but not with the kids who might bring a PB&J in their lunch bags. It would be a shame to ban everyone from eating nuts. In my school's neighborhood, a PB&J might be the only thing a family can afford to tuck into their child's lunch bag.
    Love isn't about finding someone you can live with.
    It's about finding someone you can share a lifetime with.