Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Live from the Sunshine State - things get better

Post Thanks / Like
    On our first evening, we went to the Boardwalk to meet Terry and Sue and also Tom and his wife Carol.

It was the only chance we would get to meet Tom and Carol as they were going home the next day and even though we were shattered we were glad that we had gone as it was a pleasure to meet them

On Friday morning, we went back to the airport to speak to the Manager at Dollar about the SUV, I was having so much trouble getting in and out that Chris said we would have to change it or I would end up falling.

The manager was very nice, Chris explained what had happened and the Manager said that firstly we should have been given a free upgrade as our category wasn't available and he would arrange a refund, he then said he would swap it for something smaller. We now have an Escape which is OK, but it smells and is very dirty Chris says he is not going back to the airport again even though I said he should

We were told though that Dollar as changing their fleet to Ford so that is something we will have to remember for next year.

We didn't do very much on Friday, I was cleaning most of the morning and then we went to the airport and did some shopping at Walmart.

In the evening we went to Epcot briefly and met Mystikpiglet and her DH, Chris and I have met them before so I wasn't worried at all We were a little late because it took me longer to walk than I expected so we missed the beginning of Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, but they were very good, so we might go back tonight to watch the whole show

We didn't spend much time with them as we would have liked, but we might be seeing them again before they go home

So we aren't really up to much today, the management company is calling in to look at the ant problem and also to fix the toaster as only one side is working and Chris isn't happy about not being here as there isn't a safe to put our valuables.

After that we will be going to Home Depot or somewhere to buy an electric kettle all we have is a stove top kettle and it is very heavy so I can't lift easily plus I burnt my hand on it yesterday because the handle gets very hot even though it's insulated.

The sun is shining and it is lovely outside although the humidity is really bad.

I think we are hoping to go to the Poly for breakfast tomorrow - Tonga Toast here I come

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to know things are looking up Wendy

What kind of place doesn't have an electric kettle though?
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 167533
    Good to know things are looking up Wendy

What kind of place doesn't have an electric kettle though?
    I know and the man from the management company has just arrived to look at the ants.

I am a waste of space he asked if everything in the house was fine and clean and I said yes :rolleyes008:

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 167534
    I know and the man from the management company has just arrived to look at the ants.

I am a waste of space he asked if everything in the house was fine and clean and I said yes :rolleyes008:
    WENDY!!!!!! young lady you are NOT to spend your holiday cleaning, you've both worked too hard to have it ruined
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I would have said, "yes, now it is since I cleaned it!"

I wonder if Poly has any rooms available????

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 167535
    WENDY!!!!!! young lady you are NOT to spend your holiday cleaning, you've both worked too hard to have it ruined

Chris gave me a "look" and raised his eyebrows it was an unspoken moment

Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 167538
    I would have said, "yes, now it is since I cleaned it!"

I wonder if Poly has any rooms available????
    I couldn't, I would be embarrassed I know I should have but that's me.

The Poly is too noisy for me

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 167526
    On our first evening, we went to the Boardwalk to meet Terry and Sue and also Tom and his wife Carol.

It was the only chance we would get to meet Tom and Carol as they were going home the next day and even though we were shattered we were glad that we had gone as it was a pleasure to meet them
    Hi Wendy!

It was a delight for both Carol and I to meet you and Chris also! Unfortunate that we didn't have more time but we really enjoyed the time we did have.

Perhaps next time, we'll all have to do a cruise so that we can have more time togther.
    Terry and I have both agreed to work on Chris for you at our earliest opportunity!

Tom (... not sure I really like this "back home" stuff!)

Post Thanks / Like
    OK Miss you listen to me. Next time management company ask you a question you just get Chris to answer honestly if you can't do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    that the two of you have the pool to yourselves really quickly.

I have no words!

How's the knee holding out?

Post Thanks / Like
    Does Home Depot carry housewares??

Glad to hear you are having a good time besides the ants and the dirtiness. See you soon!!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast