Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wednesday What If....

Post Thanks / Like
    In my classroom, Wednesday's are called "What If Wednesdays..." It started as a way to get them journaling on the computer and sort of grew into this wonderful writing prompt...

Anyway, I thought it might be fun to do here...you'd be surprised what interesting things you can learn about people!! (We do MeMe Monday's too, but I'll tell you about that on Monday )

So here's how it works, I'll give you a "What If" every Wednesday...for instance I might ask, "What if you were granted one superpower...." Then you take it from there....answer it any way you like, interpret it any way you like!!

We'll play it for a couple of weeks and see if anyone enjoys it! And if someone else has an interesting "What If" let me know and you can host!

So this weeks "What If" is....

What if you could recover one thing that was lost?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like to recover my mind please......it's been missing for sometime now :p

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    LMAO!!! Like the Uncle, was it, in Peter Pan....always looking for his marbles....

Post Thanks / Like
    The very first thing that popped into my mind is the first dog we ever owned when we moved into our first house. His name was Theadore J. Bear and we called him Ted. He was a shepard/collie mix and weighed in at about 60 lbs. We got him when he was 1 and Diane was just shy of being 2 years old.

The first day we had him he spent it following Diane around the house with me very very warily watching him to make sure he'd be okay with her. He was wonderful with her and from then on they were the best of friends. I would take both of them outside to play and if she wandered too far away he'd take the back of her pants gently in his mouth and sort of tug her back towards me. If someone happened to try and come near her though, he would throw himself in front of her and just make this really mean growly noise until I told him it was okay and then he'd wag his tail and ask to be petted.

The only problem we had with him when she was little is that he insisted on sleeping with her, in her crib!! He'd wait until we were asleep and then very quietly he would jump up and over the crib side and then they'd snuggle until morning. Needless to say we ended up letting her have a big girl bed before she was ready for it, but we just couldn't keep those two apart.

We had to put him down when he was 12 and we all had such a hard time with that, especially Diane. Over the years we've had other dogs and cats and all sorts of critters, but that one dog was special and yep, if I could get back one thing that we've lost I grab for him in a second.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know this is probably going to sound really cheesy but I'm going to say Madeline McCann.

Post Thanks / Like
    The leg from Steven's lego Indiana Jones figure. The dog has put it somewhere...

Post Thanks / Like
    My body when I was 20 - I didn't appreciate it then but I would sure like it back now! ;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire, post: 7474
    I know this is probably going to sound really cheesy but I'm going to say Madeline McCann.
    Not cheesy in the least!! That's the beauty of this thread....it can be ANYTHING!! It can be compassionate, funny, sarcastic....anything...and each one has value because each emotion attached to them has value...there is truly a time for everything...compassion, humour, inner reflection...it's ALL good!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaw, post: 7533
    My body when I was 20 - I didn't appreciate it then but I would sure like it back now! ;)
    Seeing as I was pregnant when I was 20...NO THANK YOU!!! LOL!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like this thread and your idea for one or two each week :p015:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast