Thread: Nearly time for the Maldives!!!! Woohoooo!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Nemo is nearly at the end of his journey!!! On Thursday morning we at last leave for our lovely 2 week trip to the The Maldives!

Last week I was poorly sick and didn't get the chance to be in here much....didn't get the chance to do much of anything really, so am a teensy bit behind in packing and last minute shopping. I am feeling better today though, and I know that the break will do me the world of good. We have both been working so hard and need this trip....and it will be a total chillout!! We have both always wanted to visit The Maldives, and when we couldn't get the Disney holiday we wanted at a price that didn't mean a second mortgage, we booked here www.komandoo.com It is a teeny relaxed island and very peaceful. We can't wait to get there!

We fly from Manchester on Thursday, stopping off at Dubai airport on the way for a 3 hours of duty-free shopping. We get to The Madives on Friday morning and it will be sunny! I will wear no shoes until we leave again

At least being sick in bed meant we could shop online for the things we needed....we have bought a little Pentax Optio W60 waterproof camera to take pics when snorkelling, and I have a brand new snorkel, mask and fin set in PINK!!! We decided to buy a little netbook as Garry has to be able to keep in touch with work so we have a new Acer Aspire One in blue (it doesn't match the snorkel set but hey, I can live with that I suppose ;) ). I am hoping to be able to post some pics on here while I'm away for you all to see

I shall be popping on here between now and Wednesday evening, but if I don't see you before then I shall see you when I get back (with my suntan :D ).

3 more sleeps...

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh! I wondered where you were. I'm sorry to hear you were ill. :(

I am so looking forward to hearing all about your holiday. I've never been to the Maldives, of course so I shall learn about it through you!

Take it a bit slow though still. You'll want to have a full recovery before you leave.

Be sure to bring loads of sunscreen!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Ohhh lucky you

Have such a wonderful time - I've seen photo's and it looks absolutely beautiful.

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I hope you have as good a time as I did. I went about 8 or so years ago and I can still remember that the sand was sooo hot we had to run to get into the shady bits. Just lay in the shallows and let the fishes nibble at you, it's great.

DLP The Disneyland Hotel
    1998 Wilderness Lodge
    1999 Off site
    2000 Caribbean Beach
    2001 Coronado Springs
    2003 Beach Club
    2005 Beach Club
    2007 Beach Club
    2009 Beach Club
    2012 Beach Club
    2014 Beach Club Concierge

Post Thanks / Like
    oh wow thats come around quickly :) have a fantastic break :)
    i have an aspire one in blue to they are great for traveling with dave and i love ours :)
    hope you feel better soon but the holiday will help :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Sooooo Jealous - have an amazing time :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Have a great time. A live Trip Report.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]