Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "I am here"

Post Thanks / Like
    What situation/smell/sound etc makes you say to yourself "I am here" when you are in Florida?
    You know what I mean....you take a deep breath and give a contented sigh....you are actually here after all the planning and saving.

For me, it is right at the beginning of the holiday when we get our first blast of Florida air and sunshine at the airport....I am so content to have arrived!
    Also listening to the voice on the monorail "stand clear of the doors"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 7497
    For me, it is right at the beginning of the holiday when we get our first blast of Florida air and sunshine at the airport....I am so content to have arrived!
    Also listening to the voice on the monorail "stand clear of the doors"
    me too :) plus "in just a few minutes, illuminations reflections of earth will begin" :)
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    That blast of humidity as you exit the airport terminal and then that purple "Welcome to Walt Disney World" arch. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Seeing my first palm tree at the airport. I have a thing for palm trees and I've actually been known to ummm....well hug a few palm trees until the excitment passes

Post Thanks / Like
    For me, it used to be the WDW arch that you drive beneath when entering the property. I knew then that I was "home" and it was going to be all out fun for days!

Now, it's hearing "Welcome Home" at the DVC resorts.

In Ireland it was the soft mist on my face at 7:00 AM that first morning as we exited the airport. The air was incredibly fresh, and the mist was gently in the air. I knew I was home then, you see.:ashamed008:

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 7497
    Me too!

The smell of popcorn as you enter MK. :)
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    When I didn't live in Florida, I have to say it was just arriving at the airport. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 7502
    That blast of humidity as you exit the airport terminal and then that purple "Welcome to Walt Disney World" arch. :D
    Yep DW always says the same, she knows she's "there" when she goes under the arch
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy, post: 7503
    I have a thing for palm trees and I've actually been known to ummm....well hug a few palm trees until the excitment passes
    Oh my gosh....I have a thing for palm trees too but I didn't dare say that. You know what....I'm gonna hug one next visit....and I'm looking forward to it

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote="Tink, post: 7504"]

Now, it's hearing "Welcome Home" at the DVC resorts.

QUOTE]

I can't wait for that - I know I will cry The same as I did when they announced us when we got on the Disney Wonder last year

Yep for me it's the heat and the cleanliness at MCO and the Welcome to Walt Disney World signs. I also love that first ride on the Monorail - I want that mans voice on my Sat Nav

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast