Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: how good am i lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you talking about a turducken, Helly? I'm not so sure I'd like one of those. Too much poultry all stuffed one into the other. Can't quite convince me that salmonella isn't having a field day in there somewhere.

Publix here is a nice place for meat and salad platters, and they do a holiday meal, but I'd not think it would be nearly as nice as homemade? If we cook for a holiday (as opposed to going out to dinner) I like the aroma of all those yummy foods... :D

Now, what are potatoes in goose? Is that potato cooked in goose fat? I've heard about that, but never done it... Those sorts of things (goose or the fat!) are not readily available here. Frozen yes, but then you have to wonder how well it's been kept, etc.

Although, I will say the one time I bought a "famous brand" fresh turkey for Thanksgiving it was TERRIBLE. Tough and stringy... blech. So, I'll stick with honeysuckle white or a Carolina fresh turkey. You can keep your Bell and whatever... :D

Why are we talking about Christmas dinner already? Is there going to be a shortage of food so we need to plan and get in the supplies early? :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL Helly stretchmarks

Tink, roast potatoes in goose fat are heavenly, book yourself in for a triple bypass though!! thus we would only have it at christmas. We can get the goose fat fresh or in a can- the canned stuff is fine- maybe someone could bring you over a can if you want to try

Post Thanks / Like
    Ummmm...that does sound, er nice but as you say... by pass and all. :D

Perhaps one day when I return to Ireland I'll give it a try there. :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Did i MISS Thanksgiving?

Post Thanks / Like
    Not yet! :D :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep I guess it's a turducken... cool name for that, never heard it called that before. Ooh tatties smothered in goose fat are the best.... obviously not an every week treat but oh my... they crisp up and are soft and fluffy on the inside.... drooool... never had them better than when done in the goose fat. Try the frozen ones Tink... the frozen ones here are good too.... better than the other frozen roast tatties. I do like to do my own though but have to say... Marks and Sparks are thee hands down winners for the ready to cook ones all made up ready....

Post Thanks / Like
    ready to roast potatoes?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeppers!... take off lid and pop in oven in their foil tray....yummy! Sainsbury's have some now in the chiller.... not tried them but it might give you an idea of taste before Xmas day to try them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Helly, I can't even imagine where I'd get the goose fat, never mind frozen potatoes cooked in it.

I'd try it, as I'm a big old "fat" loving kind of person, but I think I'd prefer to make them myself.

Perhaps one day, eh?

Post Thanks / Like
    OK Tink.... then the second best roast tatties are done in beef dripping... do you have that over there?.. what am I saying?.. ask Hubby.... uh he says he thinks they do dripping in the eastern states but he's not sure... so he's no help lol.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast