Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just Booked

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 170037
    I'm just now seeing this thread! You will have a lovely time! :9:

We stayed at the Polynesian last year (2008, August) and received a free upgrade to concierge at check in! I thought it might have been because of the holiday being for Herself's birthday (and that I'd mentioned to a faerie friend of mine who is a Poly CM that we'd be there)...

So, you never know!!

The only real drawback to the Poly for us was that there is no hot tub. We like to laze around in a hot tub from time to time and missed not having one. We thought that was odd for a deluxe hotel.

Also, we were terribly disappointed in Kona Cafe. From what I've heard from others it's not gotten much better. Where it once used to be really nice, it's now poorly prepared, low quality food and our server was from the underside of an old ship! Now that can be put down to the day, of course but the food seems to have consistently gone downhill, so be wary of dining there.

You'll love the little beach and the hammocks. :D We had a nice few hours one afternoon just lounging there.

Watch your drinks from the pool bar. :) Herself had a bee in her's! No problem, as it was replaced immediately, and we were very grateful she didn't drink it!

Being on the monorail is a very nice feature.

I can't recommend a building to you, but our Wendy may be helpful there. She helped us quite a bit, and I was prepared to ask for the building she recommended (at check in) when they upgraded us.

Take care now and have a glorious time!

Hi Tink hun thank you kind lady im sooo lookin forward to our trip, ooh i must speak to Wendy when she gets back
    oh my we must look out for bees and strange servers lol

Jacqui xxxx

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazmine, post: 170336
    Hi Tink hun thank you kind lady im sooo lookin forward to our trip, ooh i must speak to Wendy when she gets back
    oh my we must look out for bees and strange servers lol

Jacqui xxxx
    and also little piglet

DLP The Disneyland Hotel
    1998 Wilderness Lodge
    1999 Off site
    2000 Caribbean Beach
    2001 Coronado Springs
    2003 Beach Club
    2005 Beach Club
    2007 Beach Club
    2009 Beach Club
    2012 Beach Club
    2014 Beach Club Concierge

Post Thanks / Like
    Geat to know that you got a great price. Hope your trip is fantastic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooooh! we stayed at the Poly summer of 2008 & it was wonderful! We didn't spring for a room with a view (I never do) but I loved our room. It was so close to everything. You go to the back of the lobby away from check in, head out the doors directly on the right, cross the walkway & go into the building right there. Our room was as soon as you walked thru the door on the end. Perfect! We had lush landscaping around the patio that blocked out the people walking but you could still see the monorail above it. You are going to love it! The pool is great, plus the beach. And being able to watch the water parade from the beach AND the fireworks. Ok, I need to stop rambling on & on about it now, lol.

And btw, I will be there next July. The 11th thru the 21st at Beach Club Villas.
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 168550
    cool, well excited for you jacqui

have also added your dates to the planner as requested :)

There's a planner? Ooh! I want to add my dates, how do I find this?
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by piglet, post: 170418
    and also little piglet
    Of course

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigThunder, post: 171759
    Ooooh! we stayed at the Poly summer of 2008 & it was wonderful! We didn't spring for a room with a view (I never do) but I loved our room. It was so close to everything. You go to the back of the lobby away from check in, head out the doors directly on the right, cross the walkway & go into the building right there. Our room was as soon as you walked thru the door on the end. Perfect! We had lush landscaping around the patio that blocked out the people walking but you could still see the monorail above it. You are going to love it! The pool is great, plus the beach. And being able to watch the water parade from the beach AND the fireworks. Ok, I need to stop rambling on & on about it now, lol.

And btw, I will be there next July. The 11th thru the 21st at Beach Club Villas.
    Ooh maybe we can get together for a drink or two or five

just ask ukwdwnut Mick to add your dates to the planner

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123