Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies ....do you pamper yoursself

Post Thanks / Like
    I had great eyebrows until I was almost 30. Then one day I woke up and looked like Groucho Marx!!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    She was so gentle at first. I didn't realize what was going on. She pressed along the brow line... little did I know what she was pressing. When she ripped that stuff off I nearly fainted! I'M SERIOUS!!!! THEN she started tweezing!!! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! Never, ever again.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually drag the whole family off to the barbers for a trim before we go away. Myself and Poppy usually have a colour if needed and we too always go away with new knickers a la Lisa!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 7748
    Now what is threading exactly?

I can stand to have my left eyebrow waxed but I swear the underpart on my right side KILLS me. Then I have to go home immediately after because I look like I am wearing a red mask for the rest of the day :p
    Threading originated in India, is widely practiced in the Middle and Far East, and has recently started gaining popularity in the US.

Practitioners use a pure thin, twisted cotton thread which is rolled over the untidy eyebrow hairs, plucking the hair at the follicle level. Unlike tweezing where a single hair is pulled out each time, threading can remove an entire row of hair, resulting in a straighter line.

Like other methods such as plucking or waxing, threading can result in skin irritation; but since the top layers of skin are not peeled or traumatized, threading is an alternative for those with sensitive skin

Post Thanks / Like
    And that is not more painful than waxing?

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope! Not doing that either! I am KEEPING my hairy eyebrows. They keep my eyes warm in winter.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 7537
    Ladies (and gentlemen if you would like to join in) do you pamper yourself before your trip to WDW.
    I think most of us have our hair cut or at least trimmed but....what else do you do?

I always have a manicure and pedicure the day before we leave. I love having pretty painted toenails in the sun!
    No, never - sow's ear, silk purse and all that Im afraid. :(

Margaret

Post Thanks / Like
    I have my hair highlighted, pedicure, eyebrows waxed, eyelashes tinted and manicure. No waxing this time as I've got an epilator. I quite like the sensation of having my eyebrows waxed, doesn't hurt at all. Last year I had nail extensions on my toes as well, they lasted ages.

Caron
    wDisneySecrets.com Ticker

wDisneySecrets.com Ticker

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryandCaron, post: 7784
    I have my hair highlighted, pedicure, eyebrows waxed, eyelashes tinted and manicure. No waxing this time as I've got an epilator. I quite like the sensation of having my eyebrows waxed, doesn't hurt at all. Last year I had nail extensions on my toes as well, they lasted ages.

Caron
    Wow Caron, you are going to look very glam when we meet up in WDW. :p015:

Margaret

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, I know this is going to sound weird...but no....there's something about the methodical motion of the person doing it that is just really relaxing for me....it's almost like a meditation thing...it's very rhythmic.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast