Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you pass time on the long flight?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 7678
    I have to fidget and wiggle and move any part of my body that I can. It's awful for the person next to me! :(

DH says thank goodness for Virgin's free drinks policy.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a wiggler too.

I sit for 9 hours saying "god I'm bored" every 2 minutes. And in the minutes inbetween I drive Adrian mad telling him how long we've got left to go according to the skymap. :rofl:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 7695
    I'm a wiggler too.

I sit for 9 hours saying "god I'm bored" every 2 minutes. And in the minutes inbetween I drive Adrian mad telling him how long we've got left to go according to the skymap. :rofl:
    The last trip was good... I had seen Shrek 2 (?) so spent the whole 8hrs saying, "Are we there yet?" in Donkey's voice.
    DH loved it...:4:
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 7695
    I'm a wiggler too.

Note to airline: No skymap for Dawn!

Post Thanks / Like
    But then I'll be saying "god I'm bored" every 60 seconds. I just find flying so boring. I takes books and puzzles and stuff but I can't get into them with people moving all around me. I amuse myself by counting how many times the kid in row 2 goes to the toilet during the flight, and things like that.

I hate to be sitting still. They should put a jogging machine at the back of the plane for people like me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 7726
    But then I'll be saying "god I'm bored" every 60 seconds. I just find flying so boring. I takes books and puzzles and stuff but I can't get into them with people moving all around me. I amuse myself by counting how many times the kid in row 2 goes to the toilet during the flight, and things like that.

I hate to be sitting still. They should put a jogging machine at the back of the plane for people like me.
    Don't worry. You'll be so busy keeping Steven entertained that the time will pass quickly! :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 7726

Can you imagine that! Awesome idea!

Usually my children prevent me from enjoying any of the books, magazines or movies on offer. I swear when we first took Owen he walked across the Atlantic. Up and down the aisle for nearly 8 hrs!

Post Thanks / Like
    I walk up and down the cabin listening to peoples accents and stuff like that, or annoying the cabin crew and asking for water thats not cold as it hurts my teeth LOL
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Piglit, post: 7703
    The last trip was good... I had seen Shrek 2 (?) so spent the whole 8hrs saying, "Are we there yet?" in Donkey's voice.
    DH loved it...:4:
    ~July 2009 ~ 5 weeks in Florida AKV, Villa, Vero, BLT, SSR & GF~
    ~October 2009 ~ WL, CR Tower Club & BLT~
    ~August 2010 ~ DCL and Bay Lake Towers~

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm too excited when I first get on to concentrate on anything for long... then I rummage through the flight mags and see if I want to buy anything... then look at the prices and decide nope... unless it's that heated eyelash curler that I must have (like last time) and it never gets used now :( Then I may watch a film, read a book in all sorts of positions... feet on the people in front arm rests... or I kneel facing the back of my seat to read... it's comfy and a change on such a loooooooong flight. Then I get up and go to the loo and struggle in those teeny weeny spaces cos I go armed with toilet cleaner and disposable cloths so I have to manouvre my way around cleaning the toilet and seat before I can even think of going :( then I have to clean the sink and taps before washing my hands cos I don't want zillions of germs... then I have to clean the door handle oh and the toilet handle also gets a wipe if it's impossible to flush it using my foot... if the floor is icky I give that a clean too. Phew then I open the doors and see loads of angry faces ready to lynch me... but hey ho the toilet is clean for the next person! :)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast