Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tipping

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh the garbage men here make more mess than they clear. This is no lie - the day after garbage collection our council send a street cleaning team over the route to clean up the mess they've made.

Remind me what I pay my taxes for?

We have a nice postman though and always give him something at Christmas.

Post Thanks / Like
    We've found if we tip the bartender our drinks suddenly get stronger lol....

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't tip my hairdressers... usually cos I go to different ones cos they're useless. I always get home and after brushing my hair find all their faults... :( So no... no tipping when they don't deserve it. I am still trying to find a decent hairdresser here after 7 years of living here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't that the worst, Helly? It took me 11 years to find someone that can do a decent job with my hair. ELEVEN years! Now I keep worrying that she's either going to give up her business or move away!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    It is the worst because if you get a rotten hair do it takes ages to grow out :( plus it makes you feel awful cos you look awful and know it! lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Too true! I have the worst hair and it is very unforgiving of mistakes. It's awful to have a chopped up mess!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    My sister in law does my hair for free. And I get to slap her if she does it wrong.

Tipping on cruises is the one that gets me - they actually give you envelopes and suggested amounts??

Post Thanks / Like
    I *think* the last cruise Jon and I went on, it was added automatically...at least for some of the staff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, to both. They do give you envelopes and amounts and there are some cruises where the gratuity is added by the day. It's easier that way (the automatic adding). You still do tip the bartender though.

Some tours expect that too. I know friends of mine did an Ireland tour and at the end the guide and the driver expected at least $20 per person for the tip.

Post Thanks / Like
    When I went on a flight over Angel Falls in Venezuela the pilot decided that we could either pay him to get us out of the jungle or leave us there :( We had no choice really did we? and no point complaining afterwards because believe me no one cares and no one wants to hear it... go back? NEVER again if you paid me.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast