Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tipping

Post Thanks / Like
    And THEN all the good people can tip YOU!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by beccaberry, post: 8314
    See there...now you're catching on. Sometimes it's not about what you know, it's about what you're *wearing*. Women have known this secret for ages.
    well you know us men, slow to catch on
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by beccaberry, post: 8315
    And THEN all the good people can tip YOU!
    yeah tip me not to wear silly outfits ever again
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a staunch fan of silly outfits :D so roll on with the Indie Jones outfit :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Will you be available for pictures and autographs???

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 8238
    Yes, to both. They do give you envelopes and amounts and there are some cruises where the gratuity is added by the day. It's easier that way (the automatic adding). You still do tip the bartender though.

Some tours expect that too. I know friends of mine did an Ireland tour and at the end the guide and the driver expected at least $20 per person for the tip.
    DH is gonna tear up the envelope....:signs091:

Quote Originally Posted by CruellaDeVille, post: 8243
    When I went on a flight over Angel Falls in Venezuela the pilot decided that we could either pay him to get us out of the jungle or leave us there :( We had no choice really did we? and no point complaining afterwards because believe me no one cares and no one wants to hear it... go back? NEVER again if you paid me.
    I hope when you landed you gave him a What an awful experience!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    The whole concept is a sore spot for me. It's just so darn cheeky to expect it.
    I don't mind it if they have a tips jar, or if they have a sign to say 'gratuities expected' but when they add it to your bill it annoys me!
    They are PAID to do their job well, a thank-you should suffice. My parents do tip everyone and anyone but It annoys me. If they gave me nice service then I'd tip them, but when it's added to the bill its annoying!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    We became a nation of beggars when we get paid only 1/2 of min wage and have to make the rest in tips.

As for waiters and waitresses...it's always been that way...we get paid 1/2( if we are lucky) and you make the rest up in tips. That's not in all places, just the vast majority.

As for tip jars at self serve...that's just nuts.

And having said that...I tip but ONLY when I have gotten service worthy of it. You ignore us, don't bring refills...we have to chase you down...ya get nothing from me. You really :mad: me off and then ya get a penny so you can buy a clue. I have worked too long in the waitservice industry to turn my back on bad service. I applaud WDW for taking that off the dinning plan, You should have the right to choose if you will tip or not. Just please...don't ignore the good ones..You know that one waiter or waitress that just makes the whole thing flawless and fun...let them know you understand the effort they put forth and appreciate it.
    One great pair of shoes can change your life.~~Cinderella
    Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says " ! She's up!!"

:muahaha:

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, that is so true. Servers make nearly nothing per hour. Their wages are their tips for the most part. Also, in this country, the IRS assumes at least a 10% tip has been given so they are taxed on that too.

I really wish the Food Industry would just pay a fair wage and be done with it. I don't want to hear how restaurants would go out of business, because I just don't believe it!

Friends of mine once miscalculated the tip (under tipped) as they were realizing it, the server threw the money at them and told them to keep it. Yeah, I'd tip that person for sure. You know they felt so bad, they gave that person a HUGE tip.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    She's lucky it wasn't me she threw that tip at...I cannot abide poor manners and bad service. There is no excuse for that server to behave that way. That's why ppl hate to tip, it's because of poor tempered servers like that.

You know if they were forced to post what they pay thier servers and why the servers needs tips I bet that would make them stop this underpaying crud. It should be against the law.
    One great pair of shoes can change your life.~~Cinderella
    Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says " ! She's up!!"

:muahaha:

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast