Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how ridiculous!

Post Thanks / Like
    i'm off ill at the moment - was in bed over the weekend with what i think is a bad cold. Rang into work and they told me to ring the swine flu hotline- who have given me a code to go and get tamiflu.

I just feel that i've got a bad cold and now suddenly it's turned into a huge kerfuffle!

Post Thanks / Like
    Better to be safe than sorry britchick. Hope you feel better soon

Post Thanks / Like
    hope your kerfuffle gets better soon jules
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh geez. Better a kerfuffle than the swine flu!

Here's hoping you feel better soon!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    welcome to my world - suddenly every sniffle or viral illness is swine flu - it does nothing but detract from the serious.

Mum rings - little johnie started to be sick then got some diarrhoea, the vomiting stopped then the diarrhoea cleared up - we've all had it in the family we think it might have been down to a meal we had - we are all better now - the swine flu line - that was swine flu you should all have tamiflu

bonkers

I shall not write more as my soap box would explode but the handling of this has been shambolic and media driven as opposed to sensibly and medically driven

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 169214
    welcome to my world - suddenly every sniffle or viral illness is swine flu - it does nothing but detract from the serious.

Mum rings - little johnie started to be sick then got some diarrhoea, the vomiting stopped then the diarrhoea cleared up - we've all had it in the family we think it might have been down to a meal we had - we are all better now - the swine flu line - that was swine flu you should all have tamiflu

bonkers

I shall not write more as my soap box would explode but the handling of this has been shambolic and media driven as opposed to sensibly and medically driven

Well said. its all gotten completely out of hand. Its the time of the year for a cold. I also think people panic at every sniffle that they may oink.

Post Thanks / Like
    i am now banned from work till i'm assymptomatic! i will be good today and then get someone to bring me work home i think.

Post Thanks / Like
    i could get on my soapbox too but i'm not going to....there are lots of colds and sore throats going round at the moment. My 2 have had them, needless to say I have been keeping a close eye on them.

Hopefully you do just have a cold Julie - i wanted to say to everyone just be wary of being diagnosed with swine flu via the telephone of Tamiflu, please.

Post Thanks / Like
    We had a brief, VERY brief (as in less than 24 hours) go round with something not so fun... Seth was here and got the worst of it, but even he wasn't driven to bed over it.

Anyone that I've mentioned it to has had the same response... OOOOOH! Swine flu! Um, no. Really. It wasn't.

Panic is never a good thing, and when it overrides sensible medical judgment it's more dangerous than the illness that is causing the panic.

OK. I'll step down now too.

NEXT?!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't get me started. My 3 have all had really bad colds. Liam has been quite poorly BUT it's not swine flu, he is up and about, eating and drinking. I have no doubt if l had persued the "swine flu" route ,we would have had been given tamiflu.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast