Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: But it's really me!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    This is my first trip report so please bear with me!!!!

Saturday September 26th - We had a busy night on Friday, we went with Ty to X-Country practice, soccer and finally to football and never got home until about 8:30 at night. I had spent the day finishing last minute things for the trip and taking our dog Sabre to the kennel. When we fly to Disney, I usually take one of my Disney totes to use as a purse on the plane and pack a Vera back pack purse for Disney, that afternoon I put my credit card and birth certificate in the tote and headed out... that's where things began to go wrong but I didn't realize it yet!!!

Saturday morning we were up bright and early at 3:30 a.m. so that we could be at the airport by 4:45 for a 6:30 flight. I never sleep the night before we travel, I get too nervous! Our son picked us up at our house at 4:00 a.m. and we were all ready, bags were in the hallway, we loaded uo and off we went! We got to the airport by 5:10 and I had done the pre flight check in and had pre-paid our luggage and had our boarding passes, Good shape right? Not so much, we sailed to the front of security check line and the agent checks Ben, then Ty, and asks me for my drivers license OMG, I left it in my purse back home because I was driving Ty all over HXXX's half acres last night. I had no photo ID with me except for 1 grainy BJ'S card that I had forgotten to take out.

They pulled us out of line and everything began to go fuzzy, in the background I could hear Tyler asking Ben if we weren't going to Florida. Most of you know that I'm a type 1 diabetic but I have heart problems and a very wierd Central Nervous System disorder that reacts badly to stress, fear and exhaustion by shutting down. I pass out and am sick and have a hard time focusing. Well I must have gone grey and I hear Ty saying Mom, Mom are you ok? Well the poor agent didn't know what to do and looked at the huge package of Disneyish papers and reservations in my red folder, looked at my birth certificate and let us on the plane!!! Phew.. But by that time the damage was started already.

I was sitting in the plane and I realized I had never asked Tink what hospital we should go to if we needed to,, Wierd what yor mind thinks of!!I was able to doze on and off on the flight but we had a 4 hour lay over in Atlanta. What a huge airport.Luckily things calmed down for awhile and we landed in Orlando with no further trouble. ME was wonderful, the line must have been 2 miles long but very efficient, we wound our way around and was on a bus in 15 minutes and on our way after that in about 5!!!

more later , must pick up Tyler!

Post Thanks / Like
    oh no i hope you managed to get right before the next instalment xx
    charlie

Post Thanks / Like
    that was a rocky start, can't wait to hear more

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG! I hope you are ok! Were you worried that you wouldn't be able to come home with no id? Why in the world did you have you birth certificate? Am I supposed to carry that when I travel?

Please come back to tell us you were ok!
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh geez!!!!

Celebration Hospital, by the way. Or Sand Lake (Dr. Phillips) Hospital...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Tinkfan that was not a great start, l bet it gets better. And thank you for doing a trip report we love them.

Great information as well Tink.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Ack!!! You can't leave us like this

Hurry up with some magic

Post Thanks / Like
    Celebration is off 192 just west of Old Town.

Sand Lake/Dr. Phillips Hospital is just along Palm Parkway, where it turns into Turkey Lake Road, prior to the intersection with Sand Lake Road. Of the two, I'd say Sand Lake would be the closer to DTD than Celebration.

Both are well recommended hospitals with Celebration being part of the Florida Hospital system (7th Day Adventists). Dr. Phillips Hospital was formerly named Orlando Regional at Sand Lake, a different hospital system.

I have experience with both hospital systems and neither is better, or worse than the other. It's more of a matter of personal preference. The 7th Day Adventist organization is heavily religious and it used to be that you could not get meat in their cafeteria (or any animal product) as the consumption is against the religion. I think (but am not sure) they've changed that, but don't count on it. From my experience, you'd not want to eat the food from their cafeteria anyway.

Well! All that to say, there are two major hospitals within a few miles of WDW.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie0610, post: 169943
    OMG! I hope you are ok! Were you worried that you wouldn't be able to come home with no id? Why in the world did you have you birth certificate? Am I supposed to carry that when I travel?

Please come back to tell us you were ok!
    I'm still having trouble with the dizzieness, it's hard to be on the computor for any length of time but getting better! I usually take my birth certificate when we fly, it's been suggested by our son who works in Homeland Security to have in case the national code changes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 170039
    Celebration is off 192 just west of Old Town.

Sand Lake/Dr. Phillips Hospital is just along Palm Parkway, where it turns into Turkey Lake Road, prior to the intersection with Sand Lake Road. Of the two, I'd say Sand Lake would be the closer to DTD than Celebration.

Both are well recommended hospitals with Celebration being part of the Florida Hospital system (7th Day Adventists). Dr. Phillips Hospital was formerly named Orlando Regional at Sand Lake, a different hospital system.

I have experience with both hospital systems and neither is better, or worse than the other. It's more of a matter of personal preference. The 7th Day Adventist organization is heavily religious and it used to be that you could not get meat in their cafeteria (or any animal product) as the consumption is against the religion. I think (but am not sure) they've changed that, but don't count on it. From my experience, you'd not want to eat the food from their cafeteria anyway.

Well! All that to say, there are two major hospitals within a few miles of WDW.

Thanks Tink that's good to know, better to know where to go I guess!! ( that didn't come out quite right!)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast