Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 52

Thread: Kind of a legal question thing

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Billericay,Essex, UK
    Posts
    11,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm, post: 170132
    I have "shot" a cat that craps in our garden with the garden hose managed to chase it up the garden and well to say it looked a drowned rat by the time it jumped the fence was an understatement and i have got him a couple of time since and if he sees anyone in the hose he legs it over the fence. Put some mustard in a bit of fish one time left it where he jumps down and should have seen it coughing suprised it found its way home with the tears that must have been running down its cheeks...dont come in me garden now.....if any other cat comes in my garden and tries to swipe a claw at Barney then it will get same treatment.
    Apparently pepper is supposed to be a good deterant, put it down where the cat comes into the garden as often once they land they tend to sniff the imediate area.
    good im gonna try that
    Mick

    Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008



  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    9,138
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cats do annoy me when they come in my garden, and the fact that the rabbits would have to be constrained because of the risk of cats is really sad :( Poor things :( Are they sure it was the neigbours cats?
    I do totally agree that it's annoying cats come in and out of your garden, and dogs need to be on a leash, but I would much rather a few cats come in our garden now and again and be allowed tha freedom rather than confined to the house.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm, post: 170132
    I have "shot" a cat that craps in our garden with the garden hose managed to chase it up the garden and well to say it looked a drowned rat by the time it jumped the fence was an understatement and i have got him a couple of time since and if he sees anyone in the hose he legs it over the fence. Put some mustard in a bit of fish one time left it where he jumps down and should have seen it coughing suprised it found its way home with the tears that must have been running down its cheeks...dont come in me garden now.....if any other cat comes in my garden and tries to swipe a claw at Barney then it will get same treatment.
    Apparently pepper is supposed to be a good deterant, put it down where the cat comes into the garden as often once they land they tend to sniff the imediate area.
    If I'm completely honest I find these ways a bit cruel :( Negative association does work with cats put drenching it with a hose really isn't a good thing to do A spray should work, or a can with pebbles in thrown at the ground rather than AT the cat. I do agree that they shouldn't be in and out of other peoples back gardens but there are better methods at deterring cats that aren't perhaps as cruel to the cat. Cna't think how unpleasant it must have been for the poor cat to be walking around soaking wet, if it turns cold suddenly or the amount of dirt that would have got trapped in his fur
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,284
    Post Thanks / Like
    Legally there is nothing you can do, what you could try is Olbas Oil sprinkled on the areas the cat comes in? I know my cats don't like the smell of Olbas Oil. Pepper don't work nor cat repellant pepper or sprays. It is illegal to hurt a cat... try an animal high noise frequency alarm thing? I don't know if they work... but then I suppose you can't use those if you have other pets?

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    3,801
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 170120

    what would happen if Charlie killed a cat whilst in our garden?
    That is just it!! My dog HATES cats and goes after them anytime they get near. So I would have some angry neighbor yelling at my door about his cat when the cat came in to MY dog's yard and got hurt.

    If you love your cat so much, then keep it home. We don't want to take care of your pet.



  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    15,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellyamc, post: 170164
    That is just it!! My dog HATES cats and goes after them anytime they get near. So I would have some angry neighbor yelling at my door about his cat when the cat came in to MY dog's yard and got hurt.

    If you love your cat so much, then keep it home. We don't want to take care of your pet.
    I guess that people feel that cats should be allowed to roam which i guess i agree with but then if you say that all animals should be allowed to roam. Who knows what the right answer is.















  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Billericay,Essex, UK
    Posts
    11,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 170153
    Cna't think how unpleasant it must have been for the poor cat to be walking around soaking wet, if it turns cold suddenly or the amount of dirt that would have got trapped in his fur
    have you ever mowed a lawn and hit loads of cats pooh, it makes you feel sick with the stench, and who has to clean the mower, certainly not the cat josh
    Mick

    Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008



  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    10,689
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the Uk there is no legal recourse over the actions of a cat there is over dogs but not cats

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,284
    Post Thanks / Like
    The same as... if you knock down a cat and kill it you don't have to do anything... not so if it's a dog. Swings and roundabouts I guess.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Dorset UK
    Posts
    3,356
    Post Thanks / Like
    well keep quiet on this one but here is my 2 pennies worth.

    3 weeks ago this gone monday lucy (dog) and i went to meet Dave from work as we do every evening lovely evening sun shinning and dinner was ready in the oven meet Dave having a lovely walk home Lucy puts her head in a hedge and comes out with a ginger cat attatched to her face........ she hates cats but she was on the lead and only just put her head in the hedge the cat must have been startled and attacked her. we couldnt get the cat off and dispite every attempt the at wasnt letting go im not going into the details but Dave ended up at the hospital with multipul cat pucture wonds and scratches his clothes were ripped to shreads and YES they were at bites and scratches NOT dog he has had over 3 weeks of his right hand strapped up with bandages.
    Lucy was scratched and cut which took her a few days to get over. Now this all happened close to our home we dont know who the cat belongs to but i can tell you i dont like cruelty to any animals but i could kill that cat easily without a second thought. My dog was on a lead and under control but some cat caused us a very painful 3 weeks. its spoiled our walks to and from work because its left my a nervous wreck but if my dog had done this i would have been taken to task over it.

    if you want to own a cat keep it in your house or on your own property or on a leed like i have to with my animals...........

    sorry if i have gone on to much but this has been really upsetting for us besides the pain Dave has gone through

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Billericay,Essex, UK
    Posts
    11,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daveann, post: 170215
    well keep quiet on this one but here is my 2 pennies worth.

    3 weeks ago this gone monday lucy (dog) and i went to meet Dave from work as we do every evening lovely evening sun shinning and dinner was ready in the oven meet Dave having a lovely walk home Lucy puts her head in a hedge and comes out with a ginger cat attatched to her face........ she hates cats but she was on the lead and only just put her head in the hedge the cat must have been startled and attacked her. we couldnt get the cat off and dispite every attempt the at wasnt letting go im not going into the details but Dave ended up at the hospital with multipul cat pucture wonds and scratches his clothes were ripped to shreads and YES they were at bites and scratches NOT dog he has had over 3 weeks of his right hand strapped up with bandages.
    Lucy was scratched and cut which took her a few days to get over. Now this all happened close to our home we dont know who the cat belongs to but i can tell you i dont like cruelty to any animals but i could kill that cat easily without a second thought. My dog was on a lead and under control but some cat caused us a very painful 3 weeks. its spoiled our walks to and from work because its left my a nervous wreck but if my dog had done this i would have been taken to task over it.

    if you want to own a cat keep it in your house or on your own property or on a leed like i have to with my animals...........

    sorry if i have gone on to much but this has been really upsetting for us besides the pain Dave has gone through
    omg ann thats terrible.....thats why i think all animals should be kept at home and not allowed to roam freely....i hate cats they are too sneaky and slimey for me
    Mick

    Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008



Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •