Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 52

Thread: Kind of a legal question thing

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    9,138
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 170180
    have you ever mowed a lawn and hit loads of cats pooh, it makes you feel sick with the stench, and who has to clean the mower, certainly not the cat josh
    Like I said, Mick, I don't disagree that it's such an annoying occurance to find someone elses animal has done its business in your garden, but there are much more humane ways of deterring them from your garden that work perfectly well. If you go down the negative association route then a quick spray (but not drenching the poor cat) or a can with pebbles in can work wonders. There are chemical ways that I have heard have a mixed bag of results. Any cats that come into our garden are detered with a loud noise or a spray from a spray bottle and they only walk along our fence, never come into our garden.
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 170216
    omg ann thats terrible.....thats why i think all animals should be kept at home and not allowed to roam freely....i hate cats they are too sneaky and slimey for me
    It's down to the owners to keep them in the house, you can't really say that they are 'sneaky and slimey', they are animals and their nature is just natural to them! There is obviously a certain degree of how they are 'brought up', but by nature they are independant.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Billericay,Essex, UK
    Posts
    11,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 170220
    Like I said, Mick, I don't disagree that it's such an annoying occurance to find someone elses animal has done its business in your garden, but there are much more humane ways of deterring them from your garden that work perfectly well. If you go down the negative association route then a quick spray (but not drenching the poor cat) or a can with pebbles in can work wonders. There are chemical ways that I have heard have a mixed bag of results. Any cats that come into our garden are detered with a loud noise or a spray from a spray bottle and they only walk along our fence, never come into our garden.

    It's down to the owners to keep them in the house, you can't really say that they are 'sneaky and slimey', they are animals and their nature is just natural to them! There is obviously a certain degree of how they are 'brought up', but by nature they are independant.
    what you say to try doesnt work they still come back no matter what, when you have your own house and they do that in your grden and you have to clear it then you will know what i mean im near physically sick doing it, so i shouldnt and wont put up with it sorry, its my garden and i dont want them in it, thats my right as the homeowner...the sneaky slimey name that i call them is just my opinion mate, and im entitled to say they :) as you are yours

    one thing i wouldnt do is harm any animal
    Mick

    Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008



  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    9,138
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 170222
    what you say to try doesnt work they still come back no matter what, when you have your own house and they do that in your grden and you have to clear it then you will know what i mean im near physically sick doing it, so i shouldnt and wont put up with it sorry, its my garden and i dont want them in it, thats my right as the homeowner...the sneaky slimey name that i call them is just my opinion mate, and im entitled to say they :) as you are yours

    one thing i wouldnt do is harm any animal
    Works well for the cats that come in our garden, unless the cats are tougher where you come from If you are consistent with it then it does start working.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Billericay,Essex, UK
    Posts
    11,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 170225
    Works well for the cats that come in our garden, unless the cats are tougher where you come from If you are consistent with it then it does start working.
    dunno about that but denise uses a super soaker and they still come in


    im gonna get my action man kit, grenades, pepper spray, uzi and lay in wait

    will find something to keep em out like 20ft fences all electrified lol
    Mick

    Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008



  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    9,138
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 170226
    dunno about that but denise uses a super soaker and they still come in


    im gonna get my action man kit, grenades, pepper spray, uzi and lay in wait

    will find something to keep em out like 20ft fences all electrified lol
    have you tried putting one of those kiddies windmills on your lawn? The tin foil ones that spin around in the wind?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Billericay,Essex, UK
    Posts
    11,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 170228
    have you tried putting one of those kiddies windmills on your lawn? The tin foil ones that spin around in the wind?
    no ive got a full size one and windy miller in it
    Mick

    Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008



  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    15,479
    Post Thanks / Like
    i'm surprised that it's cat poop on your lawn Mick, they usually dig

    a good tip i learned from working in the community- i always have vicks in the boot of the car- if i come across a smelly environment i put it under my nose and all i can smell is vicks!

    personally i don't think cats should be kept inside but their owners should train them to use litter boxes from a kitten- that way they don't poop in other peoples gardens.














  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Billericay,Essex, UK
    Posts
    11,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 170233
    i'm surprised that it's cat poop on your lawn Mick, they usually dig

    a good tip i learned from working in the community- i always have vicks in the boot of the car- if i come across a smelly environment i put it under my nose and all i can smell is vicks!

    personally i don't think cats should be kept inside but their owners should train them to use litter boxes from a kitten- that way they don't poop in other peoples gardens.
    yep get it down the path to the kitchen door too and denise trod it it and walked it into the kitchen we were all gaggin in there.....b****y cats

    why should you have to put vicks under your nose when entering you own property ground....keep the darn things inside they are a nuisance, at least dog owner pick up their dogs mess, but still dont like seeing that they should mess in their own gardens :mad1:
    Mick

    Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008



  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Billericay,Essex, UK
    Posts
    11,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 170233
    i'm surprised that it's cat poop on your lawn Mick, they usually dig

    a good tip i learned from working in the community- i always have vicks in the boot of the car- if i come across a smelly environment i put it under my nose and all i can smell is vicks!

    personally i don't think cats should be kept inside but their owners should train them to use litter boxes from a kitten- that way they don't poop in other peoples gardens.
    yep get it down the path to the kitchen door too and denise trod it it and walked it into the kitchen we were all gaggin in there.....b****y cats

    why should you have to put vicks under your nose when entering you own property ground....keep the darn things inside they are a nuisance, at least dog owner pick up their dogs mess, but still dont like seeing that they should mess in their own gardens :mad:
    Mick

    Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008



  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    15,479
    Post Thanks / Like
    it was just a suggestion, and not all dog owners pick up after their dogs.














Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •