Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: reaaallllllly nervous

Post Thanks / Like
    Caitlin's 11+ results are being posted out today. They should as we are in the same town be arriving tomorrow but with the post being so awful i don't know when we'll get them- we're on tenter hooks though

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck to her! I'm sure she'll do just fine. Do let us know the wonderful results when they are in!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Julie l remember this. I was a nervous wreck with Zoe's. Here in Bucks they took the last test yesterday,results coming in November.
    Notice l didn't say l was nervous with Liam's, the child didn't get it and we knew he wouldn't he is far to laid back. And next year it will Lily's turn but she isn't going to do it as she is far to dyslexic and it is not fair to put her through it.. Zoe loves her grammer school BUT don't get me started on the two teir education syatem here in Bucks..............and breathe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    we are very fortunate where we are that we have the boys and girls grammar and also a comp which is turning into an academy so having loads of money thrown at it- fantastic facilities within a mile of where we live. Daniel is in the boys grammar and he's doing well when he can be bothered LOL. Jon and I are both worried that the transition and extra building work/influx of extra students will be quite unsettling in the comp/academy.

oh well, all we can do now is wait

Post Thanks / Like
    I am sure she has done fantastic and hope you get the results soon

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 170257
    we are very fortunate where we are that we have the boys and girls grammar and also a comp which is turning into an academy so having loads of money thrown at it- fantastic facilities within a mile of where we live. Daniel is in the boys grammar and he's doing well when he can be bothered LOL. Jon and I are both worried that the transition and extra building work/influx of extra students will be quite unsettling in the comp/academy.

oh well, all we can do now is wait
    The comp school that I went to is also being turned into an academy- Is this a growing trend?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure she'll do great

PS. what IS it with the post right now? I know theyve all voted to strike but are they doing that at the moment? it's been rubbish for weeks now? (as in more rubbish that usual)
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    don't get me started with the post office ...............i've lost 2 incoming parcels and 1 outgoing in the last 6 months.

academy status is only being given to a number of high achieving comprehensives, as i understand it- it's supposed to make them centres of exellence. I did read though that they're struggling to get the private sponsorship in the current economic climate and who knows what a different government will come in and do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Our local high school closed last year and reopened this year as an academy because it was such a hopeless school. And still is. A new name and a smart uniform doesn't make a failing school excellent.

Post Thanks / Like

Yay she passed!!! thank goodness for that!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast