Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hottest Orlando October ever?

Post Thanks / Like
    Several of our members have reported temperatures at Disney World Orlando in the high 90s or even 100. Wendy and Chris report that the temperate today was 93 at 10.10am!!

On Thursday the temperature hit 95degrees, the highest temperature ever recorded in Orlando in October. (normal high being 86 in October!)

Much the same is expected over the weekend. South winds will allow temperatures to again soar into the mid-90s each afternoon with only slight chances of late afternoon showers.

Our thanks to our roving Disney reporters, currently melting in Orlando, Wendy, Chris, Johnie and Beccaberry! Better get to a cool bar for another cold one guys

Post Thanks / Like
    We have guests in at the moment who didn't book pool heating and yesterday said to me that they loved getting into the pool to cool off as it's way too hot for them, they are from Glasgow - it must be quite a shock to the system going from cold and damp UK to sunny, hot, hot, hot Florida

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Sandra they took achance not having pool heating Sandra,great that it paid off for them.
    Thank goodness for Air Con.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    My Dh would kill me if it was that hot!!

Please please please don't let it be like this next year

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneybumble, post: 170312
    Wow Sandra they took achance not having pool heating Sandra,great that it paid off for them.
    Thank goodness for Air Con.

You're so right - I said I thought they would need it but said they could decide once they arrived, the guy said they were hardy Scots and thought they would be ok - seems they were right

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    I swear it is always this hot this time of year. I can't say that I am noticing much of a difference.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lets hope it stays hot for when we are there in November

Post Thanks / Like
    quite a few days last oct were freezing cold and i mean freezing, never known it before since ive been going
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    It's even unbearable over here on the coast. I was going to go to Epcot today but I thought, "Forget that!" The parks are so unenjoyable when it's this brutally hot.
    Gwen

Post Thanks / Like
    We had 4 different days where the car thermometer registered over 100 degrees when we left the park including a high of 106. The humidity was high also, making it even more oppressive. When we walked out of our room in the early AM eyeglasses and camera lenses fogged right up. Not at all what we are used to when we are at WDW at this time of year.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast