Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone spotted my new countdown

Post Thanks / Like
    Well Beth was due to finish children's respite this December as she will be 18 but we heard a couple of weeks ago that they will keep her till the day before her 19th birthday . The team leader said we had two full weeks they were offering us in the year and advised we broke them into a week at a time and that we had the final week she would be there and to go book a week away some were nice. Well how could i say no.

I had a chat with Nigel and said if i could go anywhere i would like to go to New York again. Its my favourite place to go away without Beth. He said yes but no booking before we got back from Orlando as it was taking any spare money we had.

Well i was playing about the other day as we all do ;) and got a fantastic deal. 4 nights, flying from Bristol with Continental staying at the Intercontinental Barclay hotel, it 4* for 1300. When i spoke to the travel operator he said its only 50 each deposit and the rest to be paid 8 weeks before we go. Well for 100 how could i say no :207:. I am sure you lot all understand

So i booked. We fly 7th June at 10:30 am into Newark. We will just chill and do as we please. We have seen most of the tourist stuff, so will not do them again.

Yay i am going to the best city in the world again

Post Thanks / Like
    YAY! I love all the carpe diem'ing that happens around here recently
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    AYAYAYAYAYAY SUPERB
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree new York is a lovely state!!! But there is alot to see outside the city too

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkfan, post: 170455
    I agree new York is a lovely state!!! But there is alot to see outside the city too
    oh tell me more

Post Thanks / Like
    ooo yes I'd like to hear more too!

I love NY but never know what there is outside to go see
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    You know l am just thrilled for you Michelle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneybumble, post: 170471
    You know l am just thrilled for you Michelle.
    Thanks hun . I never thought for one minute we would get this chance to go again. When we were offered it, i told Nigel there was no way we were going to not take it up, we would have lived to have regretted in a years time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey l'm all for trips without the kiddos. HENCE we go in 3wks 6 days. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    You can take the train right from Newark Airport into Manhattan. NYC is incredible and there is loads more to see other than the "touristy parts" that you've done.

The village alone would take months to explore. Chelsea Market, Brooklyn... there are loads of places.

Outside the city? Well goodness! There is the whole state! LOL. There is the capital, Albany. A polite little city if there ever was one. My old alma mater in Syracuse, SU. There is Buffalo home of the Bills and next door to the American side of Niagara Falls (and not far from Canada)! The Adirondack Mountains are glorious in nearly any season, even deep winter if you like winter sports. The Blue Mountain Lake Museum is wonderful. Lake George, Lake Placid... far north, so again best visited in spring through early fall. Cooperstown is a sweet little village like city, with the baseball hall of fame (ok, boring as all get out) and a wonderful walk around village to visit. There is an incredible bakery on the "corner." :D The Finger Lakes region has some pretty amazing vineyards now, with wine merchants and tasting tours.

NY State is one amazing place, with the best city in the world (ok, I'm totally biased) to the smallest villages with dairy farms. It's really got a bit of everything.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast