Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So... We went to De Montfort

Post Thanks / Like
    And Arun really liked it

All on one campus and nice mix of modern and older buildings.

The course he wants to do is Advertising and De Montfort came 7th in the country on the Times list of bestUni's

It's our 1st visit and we have two more Uni's to see in a couple of weeks but we think he's going to put this as his first choice.

He needs 280 points from his A levels to get this course - he's slightly nervous, but we've told him to knuckle down and be more confident.

It's all a new experience for us as he's our oldest and Jai & I didn't have the opportunity to go to Uni - worry, worry

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    is that far from you Jan? Leicester isn't it? i could always drive over an give him a clip round the ear!! lol

Post Thanks / Like
    oh how scary is that!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well from us it took almost 2 hours ( we live in Romford, Essex) anyone who is nearby is welcome to keep an eye on him.

If he lives the student life too much and doesn't eat properly I fear he will slip down a drain as he's so skinny already - you can all feed him up for me...
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    lol i have one like that, you can't fatten them up LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd quite like to study either advertising or media- the campus sounds brilliant!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Josh,

Yes the campus was great.

Luckily Arun has a friend from sixth form who has just started there so he came and had a chat to us and walked us around.

280 points needed which is 2 B's and a C - Arun is slightly worried about getting a C in Economics as it's all online and they don't have a tutor at school.

He's still going to put it as his first choice with Marketing Management second choice

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by arkvilla, post: 170617
    Hi Josh,

Yes the campus was great.

Luckily Arun has a friend from sixth form who has just started there so he came and had a chat to us and walked us around.

280 points needed which is 2 B's and a C - Arun is slightly worried about getting a C in Economics as it's all online and they don't have a tutor at school.

He's still going to put it as his first choice with Marketing Management second choice

Sandra
    If his grade is still slightly below the C he might still have a chance of getting in clearing If I wanted to go to Goldsmiths college (part of London Uni) to study Media I'd have to get AAB, which is slightly worrying, however I have to keep in mind that this year there is an A* in A-levels too so that should make it slightly easier to get an A
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Josh,

Because De Montford is well respected they are over subscribed and lots of applicants go in with 300 and above so it would be doubtful he would get in on clearing,

This year lots didn't get in and they will be reapplying next year.

We'll just have to see how he gets on - it's difficult to gauge with Arun - in his AS's he was predicted a 'A 'in Media and actually got a 'C ' and he was predicted a 'C ' in Bus Studies but got an 'A.' His Economics was a predicted 'E ' but he got a'D ' and was only 8 marks off a 'C' but this year they have no tutor and Economics is all online ...

He's a bit too laid back but ultimately we can't make him work harder if he doesn't want to - we will encourage as much as we can and hope for the best

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish him all the best Sandra. I hope he achieves all he wishes for. Good luck for next May/June.

Margaret

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast