Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WDW AP

Post Thanks / Like
    I am about to tick the box to buy our annual passes to WDW. Just want to check something first.
    I am buying them today but, am I correct in saying that the passes don't actually start until the first day of use....which won't be until December.

Also, if I choose the free option of WillCall, will I get comfirmation etc via email of the payments and tickets numbers?

Post Thanks / Like
    if you can do it online i will be very suprised as had a week trying and had to ring in the end

if its a new pass it will be from the day you pick it up at the desk yes :)

Post Thanks / Like
    I did have to ring as my card was declined
    I suppose the bank were just doing their job and protecting my money. Anyway, after ringing the bank and letting them know it was actually me who was trying to make the payment, they gave the go ahead and I have now renewed my AP's.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmmm, not sure how it works overseas, but renewing APs is the catch. If you have had APs and are renewing them within the cycle, then the dates should start at the date of expiration. If the old APs actually expired and you are buying new ones (therefore starting a new cycle) then you would get a voucher to exchange for the actual ticket. In that instance the clock would start ticking on the date you exchange for the ticket.

I hope that made sense?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 170644
    Hmmmm, not sure how it works overseas, but renewing APs is the catch. If you have had APs and are renewing them within the cycle, then the dates should start at the date of expiration. If the old APs actually expired and you are buying new ones (therefore starting a new cycle) then you would get a voucher to exchange for the actual ticket. In that instance the clock would start ticking on the date you exchange for the ticket.

I hope that made sense?
    yep that's why I had problems last year. I thought there may be a grace period or something for renewals but nope, they HAD to start when the old ones expired so it made it pointless for me to do.

I think now though you renew and receive 15months for the price of 12? I think? maybe? so it's a bit better anyway? (possibly if I remember correctly )
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. Seth's Da just bought him a child's AP and it will last for 15 months for the price of 12. A good choice.

Yes, renewal versus purchasing with a new cycle is something to be alert to. Particularly when you are traveling from a distance and can use the AP only during those visits (unlike living close enough to use it at will).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We renewed our APs this year. But it was past the date so our dates got reset as Tink says. The 15 months for the price of 12 however, appears to only be good for FL residents.

Diane you should receive confirmation of the purchase with a number on it but you won't actually get the numbers for the tickets until the tickets are issued. They are good for 1 year from date of issue. They can be picked up at ANY Guest Relations window.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys. I rang the tickets line and have renewed our AP's which run until 21st December.
    So, the new passes should start 22nd December.

Will I be able to pick the new passes up before the renew date? We will be at WDW on the 20th but then won't be back until 24th. I don't want to leave it until 24th and find I have missed my deadline or anything

The passes have been paid for in advance and I got a $40 discount per ticket for renewing.

Post Thanks / Like
    15 months for the price of 12?!!?!? Someone do tell! I have to buy APs for our next trip & I'm saving up to do that now as I won't actually need them until July but that sounds like a great deal if you can get some extra months.

I also thought there was a grace period to renew but if you do then the date they begin goes back to when the original AP expired?? If so, that would never work for me.

I just priced the different ticket options today & with the DVC discount of $100 per pass I think we are going to go that route because even we can only get one more vacation out of them we will still save $780 to the best of my calculations.
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 170870
    Thanks guys. I rang the tickets line and have renewed our AP's which run until 21st December.
    So, the new passes should start 22nd December.

Will I be able to pick the new passes up before the renew date? We will be at WDW on the 20th but then won't be back until 24th. I don't want to leave it until 24th and find I have missed my deadline or anything

The passes have been paid for in advance and I got a $40 discount per ticket for renewing.
    You should be able to pick up your new passes before the actual date.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast